Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the Erie calm before the storm. It has to be close since BRS is listing it on there website as “ coming soon”. I just want to see the real reviews from reefers on how accurate it is.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For ease of reading, here is the direct quote from Neptune’s Facebook page....

“PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

TRIDENT
We know many of our Control Freaks are eagerly awaiting the Trident that we unveiled last year at MACNA. And social media has been chattering non-stop asking for an update. Well we'll just will come right out and say it — it looks like we are slipping about three months on this product. This means that our Neptune Systems Insiders (NSI) should be able to get their hands on a Trident in 2-3 months. Our development teams have been working non-stop on this product. Technologically everything is rock solid - we've just have had some hiccups in component sourcing and manufacturing areas. A new production prototype of the Trident will be shown at Reefapalooza (RAP) in Orlando on April 7-8 so if you want to see it in the flesh, make sure to come out to that event.

Just giving this a bump, presuming all is going to plan, according to the above info, NSI testers would be getting theirs June, then say 3 months testing? So end of Q3/start of Q4 would be the earliest as a release date, I would imagine.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of NSI, did anyone that applied during the "form isn't working" application phase last month get any sort of notification of acceptance?

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if you get a "we recieved your application" email. But from what i read you only hear something if you are selected. Is this correct?.

Which I am not sure how i feel about as the application wasn't just checking boxes and hitting submit

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's sort of why I was asking. Since the form wasn't working right for days on end, I'm not really sure if I ever actually applied, other than what the web site told me. I tried to apply 50 times when the site was broken, but only did it once after it said it went through. Have no idea if it really went through, though :)

Pelagic One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I want to know is if Dr. Randy Holmes-Farley has a Trident in his home lab, yet. If he comes on here with an affirmative product review, I’ll delve into my coral piggy bank when my wife’s not looking.

If not, I’ll continue to invest in Hanna! :cool:

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the application forms finally got fixed and it worked for most.... Still haven't heard anything...... Can't wait to see the Trident up close... This is gonna be the ultimate in control to have the ability to dos alk/Calcium/mag levels on the fly.... Alexa integration should be cool too... I can't tell you how many times my hands have been wet doing maintenance and my iPhone Touchscreen just wouldn't work... A Quick shoot out to an EccoDot commanding outlets would be insanely helpful :)

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems everyone is coming away with a different story from a different Neptune rep on this. I've heard three different dates so far. An official line from Neptune would be useful, but they may not be in the position to do so yet.

They were looking to release to NSI in Q3 I believe? So late Q4 for production release in the US would be likely (given no issues in NSI testing), and release outside of the US some years later... lol

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard all the same info... Believe me, they want to sell it to us customers.... I think they are taking their time and will get it right.
I personally don't want a rushed product..... In the future integration with the DOS and Trident to adjust your levels will be sensational!!

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard all the same info... Believe me, they want to sell it to us customers.... I think they are taking their time and will get it right.
I personally don't want a rushed product..... In the future integration with the DOS and Trident to adjust your levels will be sensational!!

I agree, but the product announcement were definitely premature. I bought my apex 2016 because trident. Now GHL has an alk moniter ready to go. I still prefer apex and am glad they delayed the release if it was not ready though :)

Reactions: clp

Az reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, but the product announcement were definitely premature. I bought my apex 2016 because trident. Now GHL has an alk moniter ready to go. I still prefer apex and am glad they delayed the release if it was not ready though :)
There was a ghl monitor for sale in the threads for 250. They retailed at 1200. If thats any indication, Id wait on the Trident to be released. Neptune has quality products that they stand behind. I dont think they want to risk prematurely releasing such a vital component that could potentially still have issues. Patience is key!!! Happy reefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back