Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard all the same info... Believe me, they want to sell it to us customers.... I think they are taking their time and will get it right.
I personally don't want a rushed product..... In the future integration with the DOS and Trident to adjust your levels will be sensational!!

I agree, but I would also not like a cut-down product with an open-ended intent around releasing the correction capabilities. Hopefully Neptune will release the full functional product and not a cut down, monitor only release.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it should also be remembered that Trident is not an Alk monitor. It monitors all 3.

This is what makes it so attractive (not just monitoring, but correction with the DOS). However GHL have stated they will release Ca monitoring this summer and are looking at reliable Mg monitoring (although arguably, Mg doesn't vary as much as alkalinity or Ca.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite frankly, every indication seems to point in the direction that once they work the kinks out, it will be released as monitor only. Every comment from Neptune has been that DOS integration and Alkalinity control will come at a later date. I hope I’m wrong on this.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it should also be remembered that Trident is not an Alk monitor. It monitors all 3.
It monitors nothing right now.

I don’t get it how people are still ok with Neptune lying to you.

From the Macna it was suposed to be out second quarter then Neptune released the same news they did at macna at the beginning of the second quarter and everyone was happy. OMG it’s coming.

Well It’s still not hear a year plus after three alk monitors have been working flawlessly.

And I bet at this years macna they will tell you the same thing again and before you know it you have waited 2 years for something that was promised to you a year ago.

But people will still argue it monitors all three like you have. So right now what does it monitor on your tank? Per Neptune’s timeline (which no one forced them to release a date in which we wanted them to come out) Was it suposed to monitor something on your tank right now? It should at least be out to NSI right?

Tell us it’s going to take 3 years not promise this isn’t like the cor (which it is) so we don’t wait forever to get an alk monitor.

They lie so you don’t buy another monitor and almost everyone makes excuses for why is ok to be lied to.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes things dont go as planned in life. That doesnt make us liars. It just means somebody made a mistake. Scheduling, especially with production and research/development, sometimes is hard to predict.

If somebody tells you something they know is false, thats a lie. Failing to meet schedules and goals you planned to meet, and believed you would, does not make a person a liar.

Just imagine how many sports players say they will win a game and they dont. Are they liars?

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes things dont go as planned in life. That doesnt make us liars. It just means somebody made a mistake. Scheduling, especially with production and research/development, sometimes is hard to predict.

If somebody tells you something they know is false, thats a lie. Failing to meet schedules and goals you planned to meet, and believed you would, does not make a person a liar.

Just imagine how many sports players say they will win a game and they dont. Are they liars?

I understand most of OUR frustration. I do believe as a business it is financially smart to over-sell and item and keep people on ice. TESLA and Iphone have done this for years. I personally would rather hear the truth, whatever that may be rather then this quarter or this quarter but wait there is more. It really does not mater to a loyal customer and I think that is what i am hearing most. For example I typically buy three Alk test kits but lately I have been getting 1 or 2 cause i am waiting for that release. I ran out and was mad at Neptune. Is that your fault.... no, but because i am waiting on that day I did not want to 'waste' 8 bucks (imagine the logic there lol)...I waste the 8 bucks now and go forward as I always have. To compare your product to sport players is a touch disturbing......To me at least. Sports players and R&D are two different animals, either you guys have it or you don't...it's that simple. Athletes are a matter of chance. So I would not use the sports player analogy lol

either way most of us who have APEX will wait so keeping us in ice is a touch silly. I think you stand to damage your "credibility" more with the delay game rather then just saying what it is. Have confidence in your Brand. ;)

Good luck!!

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

From the Macna it was suposed to be out second quarter then Neptune released the same news they did at macna at the beginning of the second quarter and everyone was happy. OMG it’s coming.

Well It’s still not hear a year plus after three alk monitors have been working flawlessly.

And I bet at this years macna they will tell you the same thing again and before you know it you have waited 2 years for something that was promised to you a year ago.

But people will still argue it monitors all three like you have. So right now what does it monitor on your tank? Per Neptune’s timeline (which no one forced them to release a date in which we wanted them to come out) Was it suposed to monitor something on your tank right now? It should at least be out to NSI right?

Tell us it’s going to take 3 years not promise this isn’t like the cor (which it is) so we don’t wait forever to get an alk monitor.

They lie so you don’t buy another monitor and almost everyone makes excuses for why is ok to be lied to.
So would you rather they not announce it to begin with? Because then, when the first Alk monitor comes out, you buy it, and then get mad Neptune didn't tell you they had a better one coming.

Would you rather they have already released it when they said they would, even if it wasn't working right? No, because then you would be mad at them for selling you a bad product.

So how, exactly, are you to be made happy? It seems like you can't when it comes to anything that Neptune does.
Personally, I'm happy waiting for a better solution than what the current market has, and I am ok with delays if that means the better solution will work. It happens all the time, everywhere. Someone thinks they will have something done by a deadline, and then find something didn't go as planned, and has to delay said deadline. I don't know why when Neptune does it, they become a terrible company.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wow, a bit hostile...
my take on this (waiting almost patiently) is that i rather have the product working correctly and yes they should have waited to announce. I know for a fact if it was released and sold and the slightest problems occured certain people would crucify them for it, not to mention, maybe they ran into a problem or multiple.

Anyway, when it comes out i will be happy, until then i will use the antiquated tests that we have all come to deal with...

as far as the trident being more than a monitor, if it monitors then we can auto DOS as we program today, right? it will be nice if it does it out of the box but with a bit of code we can make that happen.

my 2cents

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well, IIRC, they said “we hope to have it out by...” so technically they didn’t lie. Is this frustrating? Yes. Well, sort of. I still maintain that continuous Alk monitoring is a luxury in an luxury hobby and by no means necessary. Heck, controllers themselves aren’t completly necessary. Either way, Neptune has a history of announcing products early, then having a prolonged development phase before actually releasing them just look at the COR pumps.

They could do like Vertex did with the Cerebra...

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don’t blame them for the delay, I do find it quite curious that they announced it at last year’s MACNA to be ready in Q2 of this year right as one of their biggest competitors, GHL just released a working Alk monitor/controller for the Profilux. :rolleyes:

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, im sure it was a sales thing to keep there base customers, i do wonder how close it was at that point or if they were jumping through hoops to catch up, hard to tell

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nobody Lied, they gave a release date. If you took that as a promise, that is on you. Manufacturing delays happen, production issues happen, kinks need to be worked out. Most everybody understands that.

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine the Legitimate backlash if they released it Q2 just to meet that deadline, and caused a bunch of tank crashes.

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm not sure how to even respond to this. You're either trying to start an argument against one of the most reputable companies in reefing...or you're just trolling.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Trident is 100% the focus of the company right now" -Terence 07/31/2018

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how to even respond to this. You're either trying to start an argument against one of the most reputable companies in reefing...or you're just trolling.
U caught me trolling

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly think it’s funny how everyone defends Neptune to the death

How many of you like me updated there apex to the new one because in the second quarter the trident was coming out? Only to find out in the second quarter u can now buy the new apex brain? How many people bought an apex for the trident instead of selling there apex and getting a GHL? I know quite a few

And how many of u right now almost in the third quarter of the year can test any of the big three without a KHG and AIM or alktronic? One things for sure none of you are doing it with a trident that’s a fact.

My point tell me it’s going to take a year I get it you want to have the most exciting noise at MACNA that’s amazing don’t tell us it’s coming out when it’s not don’t tell me sell my classic apex to get top dollar for it because your not going to sell a brain and then when the trident is suposed to come out release the brain to us.

You guys are going to take Neptune’s side and that’s fine but I’m not I just want a little truth from a company that I have bought almost every one of there products you had nothing to gain by giving us the bs it will be out by the second quarter besides trying to switch the minds of people who were looking at GHL as an option. The last two or so years Neptune’s sales plan has been nothing but bashing Ecotech bashing tunze bashing all of there competitors and telling us tale tales of hope for us to buy there controller and that’s not what the company was before and they didn’t have to do that because they were the best and all they had to do was put out a product and we all New it was going to be good just like I’m sure the trident will be. I don’t need to hear in a video how much better your ato is then the tunze (the staple of ato’s forever) I don’t need to see a video about how the best powerheads in the market really aren’t silent or wireless. And I sure don’t need to keep being told the trident is close every quarter until it comes out. Your products sell themselves so stop treating us like we are children and by treating me a loyal customer this way I went out and got another alk monitor. So right now unlike you waiting for the trident I can test my alk with my apex. But ur right it doesn’t test calcium or magnesium well neither does yours and it prolly won’t until the next quarter

Reactions: clp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back