• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Trident, hot trash or really bad QA?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a trident module for my apex about a year ago, Nov 2022 to be exact and my god is it hot trash. The amount of times it’s failed on me and has been replaced is insane. Not to mention that apex for some genius reason doesn’t offer replacement parts so instead replaces the whole unit. I’ll get errors there’s no water samples even though I see the vial filling, test A failure, no tests at all, or my personal favorite, the vial overfilling and spilling over the electronics. For the price this is junk and not a reliable way of testing. I also can’t imagine apex making much money if customers are constantly replacing the hardware unless manufacturing costs them $25 a unit and selling for $640. Maybe fully seal the vial or move the electronics to the back to avoid getting wet or enclosing in a water tight enclosure? I’m at my limit with it and need a replacement. Unfortunately my control system is apex but honestly it’s not even worth keeping at this point

Fredrxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a trident module for my apex about a year ago, Nov 2022 to be exact and my god is it hot trash. The amount of times it’s failed on me and has been replaced is insane. Not to mention that apex for some genius reason doesn’t offer replacement parts so instead replaces the whole unit. I’ll get errors there’s no water samples even though I see the vial filling, test A failure, no tests at all, or my personal favorite, the vial overfilling and spilling over the electronics. For the price this is junk and not a reliable way of testing. I also can’t imagine apex making much money if customers are constantly replacing the hardware unless manufacturing costs them $25 a unit and selling for $640. Maybe fully seal the vial or move the electronics to the back to avoid getting wet or enclosing in a water tight enclosure? I’m at my limit with it and need a replacement. Unfortunately my control system is apex but honestly it’s not even worth keeping at this point
My apex and dos and trident has been flawless for a year... sorry ur having problems

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you are in the minority. I totally caved and bought one during the 20% off sale.... Fingers crossed.... Sorry to hear about your issues =(

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back