Trident, hot trash or really bad QA?

musaabi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2021
Messages
1,045
Reaction score
1,278
Location
Long Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
I bought a trident module for my apex about a year ago, Nov 2022 to be exact and my god is it hot trash. The amount of times it’s failed on me and has been replaced is insane. Not to mention that apex for some genius reason doesn’t offer replacement parts so instead replaces the whole unit. I’ll get errors there’s no water samples even though I see the vial filling, test A failure, no tests at all, or my personal favorite, the vial overfilling and spilling over the electronics. For the price this is junk and not a reliable way of testing. I also can’t imagine apex making much money if customers are constantly replacing the hardware unless manufacturing costs them $25 a unit and selling for $640. Maybe fully seal the vial or move the electronics to the back to avoid getting wet or enclosing in a water tight enclosure? I’m at my limit with it and need a replacement. Unfortunately my control system is apex but honestly it’s not even worth keeping at this point
 
I bought a trident module for my apex about a year ago, Nov 2022 to be exact and my god is it hot trash. The amount of times it’s failed on me and has been replaced is insane. Not to mention that apex for some genius reason doesn’t offer replacement parts so instead replaces the whole unit. I’ll get errors there’s no water samples even though I see the vial filling, test A failure, no tests at all, or my personal favorite, the vial overfilling and spilling over the electronics. For the price this is junk and not a reliable way of testing. I also can’t imagine apex making much money if customers are constantly replacing the hardware unless manufacturing costs them $25 a unit and selling for $640. Maybe fully seal the vial or move the electronics to the back to avoid getting wet or enclosing in a water tight enclosure? I’m at my limit with it and need a replacement. Unfortunately my control system is apex but honestly it’s not even worth keeping at this point
My apex and dos and trident has been flawless for a year... sorry ur having problems
 
I hope you are in the minority. I totally caved and bought one during the 20% off sale.... Fingers crossed.... Sorry to hear about your issues =(
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new