Trident issues

atkinsc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like alot of other people, i am having issues with my trident.

Originally, i had a failed solenoid. After some time spent diagnosing with the assistance of neptune, they advised me to buy a new unit. Bit of a joke considering the pinch valves are like $45 to my door, and a new trident is something like $2k here in aus.

I found the pinch valves from china, as neptune wouldnt sell me one, installed and all seemed well as it filled the cuvette as it should, except that now i am getting a no water sample error, even though the cuvette fills and drains as expected.

I suspected i left a wire off, but have checked them all and they are all secure, so im hoping the brains trust has some ideas while i again wait for neptunes advice. Last time it took a week and a bit back and forth due to time zones.

Thanks in advance guys.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me bump you up here, hopefully some clever minds can help you out :)

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate. Not having much luck with this trident to be honest
Aw man that's a shame! Seem to be a hit or a miss, my unit has been flawless for almost two years but a mate of mine gave up and moved to Reef Factory- who I have had nothing but issues with!

Its hard to get right, huh?

OP
OP
A

atkinsc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw man that's a shame! Seem to be a hit or a miss, my unit has been flawless for almost two years but a mate of mine gave up and moved to Reef Factory- who I have had nothing but issues with!

Its hard to get right, huh?
I have a reef kinetics reef lab on the way that i ordered in october, still waiting.

They have been kind enough to send me several emails with better deals than i got on mine however, so theres that

OP
OP
A

atkinsc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a nudge from carlos at neptune in the right direction, i found this build up on the circuit board and the cuvette was too dirty for his liking.

Cleaned both up and seems to be working, will need calibration however as its way out haha

Attachments

• 20231222_142542.jpg
    20231222_142542.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 34

August

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome news that you got your unit back up and working even after apex threw in the towel. did you use a write up from someone or would you perhaps be willing to share? I struggled to find meaningful troubleshooting material out there for other apex units, I just would like to know if I am looking in the wrong place or if my guess that there really isn't material out there is accurate.

OP
OP
A

atkinsc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its working to a degree. I constantly get bad ca range or occasionally test b fail now. Havent done more investigating as ive been occupied with other things

The limited info i have is from the neptune trouble shooting/technical people and the videos they shared.

I found the solenoids by disassembling the unit and chasing down the part number, though i had to buy 10 so i now have 9 spare

Might have another look at the unit today

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back