Trident manifold clogged

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting no sample water error. I have verified absolutely every sample and waste line is clear. I got in the inside and even verified all lines are clear. I’ve determined when I try to push water that runs through solenoid 3 to solenoid 4, it does not pass through , even though the lines are clear. I pulled the lines out of the solenoids, no luck. This means the manifold has to be clogged. How do I clean out the manifold or is it possible to get a replacement manifold? Thanks in advance.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting no sample water error. I have verified absolutely every sample and waste line is clear. I got in the inside and even verified all lines are clear. I’ve determined when I try to push water that runs through solenoid 3 to solenoid 4, it does not pass through , even though the lines are clear. I pulled the lines out of the solenoids, no luck. This means the manifold has to be clogged. How do I clean out the manifold or is it possible to get a replacement manifold? Thanks in advance.
Yes and yes try to remove it and use syringe with a small tip that you could fit into a piece of hose and connected to each one of the manifolds ports and try pushing warm water or hot water through it. See what happens. If this does not work, you’re gonna have to contact neptunes and ask and most likely send it in for repair because I doubt they’ll send you the part.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video on there site to perform the procedure of maintenance is a good guide for disassemble and assemble of trident

OP
OP
michealprater

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and yes try to remove it and use syringe with a small tip that you could fit into a piece of hose and connected to each one of the manifolds ports and try pushing warm water or hot water through it. See what happens. If this does not work, you’re gonna have to contact neptunes and ask and most likely send it in for repair because I doubt they’ll send you the part.
Hot water was the trick!!! Thank you so much!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot water was the trick!!! Thank you so much!
I have had to do this a few times. I’ve gotten away with removing lines from pinch valves and forcing super hot water thru supply line pinching off lines to flush each circuit. Has work for me few times awesome worked for you !!!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, Neptune sells a Trident maintenance kit that includes new sample/waste lines, sample line filter, new peristaltic head and new internal sample/waste tubing. I don't believe it includes a new manifold but I'll double check my kit tomorrow (still sitting in packaging). It was something like $79 when I ordered it directly from Neptune last year (which I believe is the only way you can obtain it - or at least it was at the time).

OP
OP
michealprater

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, Neptune sells a Trident maintenance kit that includes new sample/waste lines, sample line filter, new peristaltic head and new internal sample/waste tubing. I don't believe it includes a new manifold but I'll double check my kit tomorrow (still sitting in packaging). It was something like $79 when I ordered it directly from Neptune last year (which I believe is the only way you can obtain it - or at least it was at the time).
good to know.

OP
OP
michealprater

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my trident is on the fritz again. Complete disassembly, clearled lines, cleared manifold. Cuvette is filling sometimes... some times it doesnt, and I also noticed the pill in the cuvette is never spinning now. Is this thing just junk at this point? I am losing my mind. been bashing my head against the wall for a week now with it. im at a loss.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back