Trident reagent A Leftover

linjuncheung

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unused full bottles of reagent A, without the matching B/C reagents. I want to switch to ABC reagents, but before doing that I want to utilize the remaining A.

Can I simply fill the B/C bottle with RODI water and put in the new A bottles to at least monitor Alk until my A runs out? Of coz the Ca/mg readings will be garbage but Alk should be good? Has anyone tried it or am I going to damage the equipment by doing that?
 
I have unused full bottles of reagent A, without the matching B/C reagents. I want to switch to ABC reagents, but before doing that I want to utilize the remaining A.

Can I simply fill the B/C bottle with RODI water and put in the new A bottles to at least monitor Alk until my A runs out? Of coz the Ca/mg readings will be garbage but Alk should be good? Has anyone tried it or am I going to damage the equipment by doing that?
define unusually full.....% of bottle? , maybe something is wrong with the trident and how its testing. I normally have 10-15% left and it goes right in the trash per instructions by Neptune.

How much do you have leftover ?
 
define unusually full.....% of bottle? , maybe something is wrong with the trident and how its testing. I normally have 10-15% left and it goes right in the trash per instructions by Neptune.

How much do you have leftover ?
I lost tracks and have no idea why I have couple full bottles of reagent A. Maybe it’s because I misplaced B and C.
 
Can I simply fill the B/C bottle with RODI water and put in the new A bottles to at least monitor Alk until my A runs out? Of coz the Ca/mg readings will be garbage but Alk should be good? Has anyone tried it or am I going to damage the equipment by doing that?

If I understand correctly you have a few reagent A bottles left over and would like to use them before making a switch to aftermarket. In doing so you would fill up B and C with RODI water and run tests.

The problem is that B and C tests will fail and give an error. I don't remember if the testing cycle continues but you will get an out of range error. Or so I believe.

If you are making the switch just properly dispose of the existing reagents, clean out the bottles, and carry on. That is what I would do if I was in your position.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new