Trident reagent A Leftover

linjuncheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unused full bottles of reagent A, without the matching B/C reagents. I want to switch to ABC reagents, but before doing that I want to utilize the remaining A.

Can I simply fill the B/C bottle with RODI water and put in the new A bottles to at least monitor Alk until my A runs out? Of coz the Ca/mg readings will be garbage but Alk should be good? Has anyone tried it or am I going to damage the equipment by doing that?

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unused full bottles of reagent A, without the matching B/C reagents. I want to switch to ABC reagents, but before doing that I want to utilize the remaining A.

Can I simply fill the B/C bottle with RODI water and put in the new A bottles to at least monitor Alk until my A runs out? Of coz the Ca/mg readings will be garbage but Alk should be good? Has anyone tried it or am I going to damage the equipment by doing that?
define unusually full.....% of bottle? , maybe something is wrong with the trident and how its testing. I normally have 10-15% left and it goes right in the trash per instructions by Neptune.

How much do you have leftover ?

OP
OP
L

linjuncheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
define unusually full.....% of bottle? , maybe something is wrong with the trident and how its testing. I normally have 10-15% left and it goes right in the trash per instructions by Neptune.

How much do you have leftover ?
I lost tracks and have no idea why I have couple full bottles of reagent A. Maybe it’s because I misplaced B and C.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I understand correctly you have a few reagent A bottles left over and would like to use them before making a switch to aftermarket. In doing so you would fill up B and C with RODI water and run tests.

The problem is that B and C tests will fail and give an error. I don't remember if the testing cycle continues but you will get an out of range error. Or so I believe.

If you are making the switch just properly dispose of the existing reagents, clean out the bottles, and carry on. That is what I would do if I was in your position.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back