• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Trident Reagent Guide

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I designed and printed this needle guide for trident reagent. it'll keep your needle straight up and down and you won't have that high calcium problem anymore. It has been tested by myself and a friend.

$25 for 3 shipped

B4BE9389-E461-42A7-923F-35DC40673C02.jpeg 3F439EE3-C41D-483B-AC96-85AA6999D669.jpeg ECEC5449-3CF7-4982-AD6B-74112846917F.jpeg

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a lot of people reporting that towards the end of the bottle the calcium test results starts to go up ( I was one of those person) Neptune said it was because the needle was in an angle so it would suck up air as well as fluid. That would cause the measurements to be off. (instead of using 10ml of reagent it was using less bc of air being sucked in) this will keep the needle straight up and down

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a lot of people reporting that towards the end of the bottle the calcium test results starts to go up ( I was one of those person) Neptune said it was because the needle was in an angle so it would suck up air as well as fluid. That would cause the measurements to be off. (instead of using 10ml of reagent it was using less bc of air being sucked in) this will keep the needle straight up and down

YEP! This is so. I watched my Trident calcium reading climb to 800 over a three day period. My calcium had previously been dropping from 470. I had stopped dosing calcium four days before the Trident started showing a rise. Checking the Reagent bottle, I found it was low. Put a new bottle of reagent in. The calcium reading dropped back to 470. Therefore, I can only believe that @Brasileiro561 is correct in his observation. Headed to my 3D printer now to see if I can replicate what he did.

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Urbanknight go for it man I don’t mind. it works great just make sure the top where It connects to the lid is very thin so it doesn’t raise the needle too much. Sold about 30 so far and no complaints

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick tip for everybody that got the guide. Once you get your first test error. Reset you reagent without switching the bottles. That will give you a few extra days. Before I put the guide I’d get 1 month and 3 weeks. With guide I get 2 months. This is the first time I reset it and kept the same bottle. I got 2 months and 7 days.

Rst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick tip for everybody that got the guide. Once you get your first test error. Reset you reagent without switching the bottles. That will give you a few extra days. Before I put the guide I’d get 1 month and 3 weeks. With guide I get 2 months. This is the first time I reset it and kept the same bottle. I got 2 months and 7 days.
Thanks for the tip!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back