• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Trident Reagent Guide

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine in and installed em. I hope i get more out of my reagents. We will see. They do keep the Trident needles straight so thats a good thing. Time will Tell. I will update later as time goes on.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a set and installed them. My alk started at 9.06 with 30% regent left. Which my alk normally rises around the 30% mark.

After I went through a couple of tests the alk came down to were it was before the normal climb. 8.6 and pretty much stayed there.

I went all the way down to 5% before I changed out the regent, all the while the alk stayed steady !

The reason I didn’t mention cal and mag is because they still had almost 50% left. I’m sure the guides will allow me to get down to 5% with out the swings.

All in all I am VERY happy with the regent guides !

Thanks brasileiro561

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a set and installed them. My alk started at 9.06 with 30% regent left. Which my alk normally rises around the 30% mark.

After I went through a couple of tests the alk came down to were it was before the normal climb. 8.6 and pretty much stayed there.

I went all the way down to 5% before I changed out the regent, all the while the alk stayed steady !

The reason I didn’t mention cal and mag is because they still had almost 50% left. I’m sure the guides will allow me to get down to 5% with out the swings.

All in all I am VERY happy with the regent guides !

Thanks brasileiro561
That’s awesome to hear. Don’t forget. Once you get to 5% reset the reagent without exchanging the bottles. That will give you a few more days. When I did that to my Cal and Mag I got an extra 7 days before it was completely empty. Alk won’t give you that many days since it test 4x daily. But it’ll give you extra days for sure

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I designed and printed this needle guide for trident reagent. it'll keep your needle straight up and down and you won't have that high calcium problem anymore. It has been tested by myself and a friend.

$25 for 3 shipped

B4BE9389-E461-42A7-923F-35DC40673C02.jpeg 3F439EE3-C41D-483B-AC96-85AA6999D669.jpeg ECEC5449-3CF7-4982-AD6B-74112846917F.jpeg
Good stuff. thanks for sharing.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydrored,

Did the Trident guides fix the high calcium readings?

Can't find a long term review on this thread.

Thanks for your input

yes they did, so far no issues. Just did a reagent change and haven’t had creeping

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes they did, so far no issues. Just did a reagent change and haven’t had creeping

Thanks

I run an alkatronic, but like helping others with Trident as well.

OP
OP
Brasileiro561

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydrored,

Did the Trident guides fix the high calcium readings?

Can't find a long term review on this thread.

Thanks for your input

Theres no long term review yet since i just started to share these. I tested with a friend of mine for about 6 months before i posted here. It was actually his idea to start selling this.
but I understand since this is coming from me doesn't mean much lol. so hopefully as ppl use it and starts to see results they can share with us

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back