Trident says waste full.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also it does not come with calibration fluid. However I always just test my water 3 times with my Hannah testers combine the three for an average and use my own water to calibrate.
No, they quit selling it cause it’s a rip off! Your tank water is your calibration!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they quit selling it cause it’s a rip off! Your tank water is your calibration!
Shame I can't get the pre-mixed stuff in the UK - and only the 5 x 6-months powder supply.. Guess im in for the long run anyway :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the temp probe for the apex. It has said the temp is 85 degrees
since I have set it up. I don’t think that is right. My ink bird is reading 78 and so is a different thermometer, what should I do?

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a way to write a new code so it only tests 1 time a day.. there’s a thread around here about it if you’re handy like that! I just buy abc reagents since there much cheaper and let it do its thing. It’s like $46 or something for a 6 month supply.
Now, is there a way to increase just the Alk testing? I like to do more testing for Alk with out increasing the cal or mag

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now, is there a way to increase just the Alk testing? I like to do more testing for Alk with out increasing the cal or mag
I’m not sure… one of these IT gurus prolly could tell you how to code it haha!

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem thank you.
I've tried to look around for some info about how to do it but no luck
You should be able to do a custom setting and test as much as you want. there’s always the option to test now button as well.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the temp probe for the apex. It has said the temp is 85 degrees
since I have set it up. I don’t think that is right. My ink bird is reading 78 and so is a different thermometer, what should I do?
You just need to calibrate the probe to set it to the temperature you want. If you go to the screen that shows everything connected to your apex (sorry I don’t know what the screen is actually called) you can select probes, then press the gear beside the temperature probe. Then select to calibrate the probe and set the current temperature to whatever you want it reading.

Since pictures are way better than my description these may help. Also, apparently it can only change by a certain amount so hopefully the 7 degrees you need isn’t over the limit, because that is a pretty huge difference.
IMG_0659.png

IMG_0660.png

IMG_0661.png

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive used ABC since it came out with no issues. They just stopped calibration fluid as tank water was more accurate for settings on Trident. The new Black bottles fit in the unit, so no more pouring into trident bottles

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can adjust the schedule for them separately. There is one program for combined tests and one for alkalinity by itself. I have never done it myself so I won’t give directions for something I’ve never actually done, but here is a thread that explains it really well.

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just need to calibrate the probe to set it to the temperature you want. If you go to the screen that shows everything connected to your apex (sorry I don’t know what the screen is actually called) you can select probes, then press the gear beside the temperature probe. Then select to calibrate the probe and set the current temperature to whatever you want it reading.

Since pictures are way better than my description these may help. Also, apparently it can only change by a certain amount so hopefully the 7 degrees you need isn’t over the limit, because that is a pretty huge difference.
IMG_0659.png

IMG_0660.png

IMG_0661.png
I calibrated it to the current temp of the tank but it is still reading 85

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back