Trident (Unicorn) Spotters Thread

surlytx

Reefing Smarter, Not Harder (For Retirement)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a meeting at work when the email from BRS came... dagnabit.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
think my alert, alerted me too early lol

Everyone said it went in around 08:10. I was checking at 08:07

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS was a strike out. They haven’t even got one yet.

Millimylilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are staggering the releases or more units so they don’t have to do maintenance on them all at one time. Pretty obvious

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so - if that were the case, they'd be separating them by more than just a week (plus I doubt users will be THAT precise when they return units for maintenance). I think it's the simple economics of being a small manufacturer and not wanting/able to tie up large sums of money in inventory - plus it's not a trivial exercise to scale manufacturing up and down (particularly when components are coming from many different places in the world). For example, if they had further delayed launch so they could build a larger pipeline inventory, a whole bunch of people would have companied about that too.

I was fortunate to be at my computer when the BRS in-stock notification pinged, and I ordered quickly. BRS says it will arrive today. just requires a bit of luck …. and perseverance. But, it's a short-term issue. By the end of the Summer everyone who want one will have one and there will be inventories at retail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are staggering the releases or more units so they don’t have to do maintenance on them all at one time. Pretty obvious

I guess it is not obvious to some of us. Besides not everyone will do the maintenance, keep the product, or maintain it properly so there will be a varying degree of units coming in for their recommended service.

OP
OP
J

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48a48454234ee6d4df8daedd209e5632.gif

Me in my free time on retailer’s websites.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the email from BRS and I clicked through and completed checkout on one! I am so excited. As I was adding to cart/checking out it was like 6 left if I recall correctly

OP
OP
J

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the?!!! I got no email and signed up for alerts this morning. Again. I am getting super annoyed by this process.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the?!!! I got no email and signed up for alerts this morning. Again. I am getting super annoyed by this process.

I agree. I had gotten the stock notification emails before, but I didn’t get one this time around either. I called BRS just to see if I could get some idea of why we didn’t get notified.

The person I talked to said that they are aware of the issue and the problem is that they have more than 3500 people on the notification list. He said once the item is in stock their system starts going through the list and sending the notification emails, but because they are getting so few units and they are selling out so quickly they sell out before the system can even get through the whole list.

I also mentioned that this is a terrible system and they need to come up with a better option, but a lot of the problem stems from the fact that there’s just way more demand than supply at this point. There’s only so much they can do with 3500 people wanting units and only 10 coming in each week.

OP
OP
J

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I had gotten the stock notification emails before, but I didn’t get one this time around either. I called BRS just to see if I could get some idea of why we didn’t get notified.

The person I talked to said that they are aware of the issue and the problem is that they have more than 3500 people on the notification list. He said once the item is in stock their system starts going through the list and sending the notification emails, but because they are getting so few units and they are selling out so quickly they sell out before the system can even get through the whole list.

I also mentioned that this is a terrible system and they need to come up with a better option, but a lot of the problem stems from the fact that there’s just way more demand than supply at this point. There’s only so much they can do with 3500 people wanting units and only 10 coming in each week.

Yeesh. 3,500......gonna be waiting a long time. Like 350 weeks lol

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeesh. 3,500......gonna be waiting a long time. Like 350 weeks lol

Haha, I feel like it probably won’t be that long. Of those 3500 I imagine that there’s some percentage that’s interested, but won’t actually purchase. I imagine that most of the people who are definitely buyers are also on other waiting lists as well. Personally I’m on the notification list for all of the big national distributors as well as several local (and some not quite so local) stores too. So those 3500 people are being served by more than just the 10 weekly units that are coming into BRS.

Additionally I would think that they would be able to ramp up the manufacturing numbers as time progresses as well. It seems that normally manufacturing starts slowly and then efficiency improves and they can build many more units a week.

I think we still have many weeks (or even many months) before we’ll see stock just sitting on shelves ready to be purchased at any time, but I think it will be way less than 350 weeks.

OP
OP
J

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else get their hopes up whenever their email notification goes off hoping to see...”You’re watched item is in stock!” and instead you’re disappointed and keep seeing “out of stock.” I need a support group!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky .... in stock pinged while I was at my computer and I ordered right away. I’ve found it better to register for in stock notifications multiple times.

OP
OP
J

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky .... in stock pinged while I was at my computer and I ordered right away. I’ve found it better to register for in stock notifications multiple times.

Done that...got one email once and missed it cuz I was at the gym.

OP
OP
J

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which companies are getting them cause im not getting no notifications?

Who knows. BRS explained to someone that they have 3,500 people on the list. It doesn’t email all 3,500 when they get 10 in stock so I would assume the same applies to the other companies. I only know of BRS having them since day one.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back