Trident User -

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After using Trident since the beginning, do you all notice that the CA Reagent only stay STABLE and last about 6 weeks? Usually, when I have about 20 tests left, the CA # start drifting up to the point it gave error on CA out of range. 450, ----> over 850. It seems like opening a new bottle gets everything back to normal. so the 2 months kit running 4 times test a day will only last a month and a half.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a drift on all 3 towards the end, but not that much. I see maybe a .2 dkh drift for alk and maybe 200 ppm for cal and 30 for mag.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drift is happening towards the end of the bottle because the needle can get kinked on an angle and possibly run dry if reagent is too low. Try uncapping the bottom and make sure the needle is running straight down,

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same problem on my 1st 2 months. I purchased some straw holders from another user on the forum that keeps the straws from sitting at an angle and keeps them vertical. Quite a few people posted that It solved their problem. I'm only 3 weeks into my 2nd set of reagents so I can't confirm it has fixed my issue but I'm optimistic.

I also spoke with Neptune since I had an open ticket and they mentioned that they have seen several people switch to using these and have good success. Makes you wonder why they don't just include them.

iprayforwaves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same problem on my 1st 2 months. I purchased some straw holders from another user on the forum that keeps the straws from sitting at an angle and keeps them vertical. Quite a few people posted that It solved their problem. I'm only 3 weeks into my 2nd set of reagents so I can't confirm it has fixed my issue but I'm optimistic.

I also spoke with Neptune since I had an open ticket and they mentioned that they have seen several people switch to using these and have good success. Makes you wonder why they don't just include them.

Can you point me to these straw holders? I am having this problem with our Trident. thanks!

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has Neptune commented on this yet, it’s been a known issue
And I am wondering if this is the type of thing they will fix on new shipments of the existing version or do they need to do this on the “next” model. Can anyone comment on this?

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you point me to these straw holders? I am having this problem with our Trident. thanks!

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, since I am thinking of getting a trident.

(They're hard to find. I already have the APEX EL, and don't want the DOS system.)

iprayforwaves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I actually found a design of these on Thingiverse just now and I am loading the files up onto my 3D printer as I'm typing this. Hope this fixes the issue, it's pretty annoying.

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen them in stock pretty regularly at BRS and saltwateraquarium over the last few weeks. Also have seen the 2 month reagents in stock pretty much non stop for the last month. Still hoping to catch a 6 month pack some day.

2_much_junk_in_the_sump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opposite problem (if I'm understanding you correctly). When I replace reagents the first calcium test reads 50-100ppm too high. I was told by them to use the calibration liquid to recalibrate when I replace the reagents, but it still reads high. Not sure what is going on there, but my tank has been ok so I am not too worried. I just use the numbers as a gauge for stability and I've been good.

On a side note, I will say the Trident is a must have for me at this point. I wish they could somehow add on nitrate & phosphate readings. The amount of money they would make on that product would be absurd and it would be out of stock for years I bet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back