Trident users

Mrsadat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers I have a question for those of you that are using or know about the Trident Reagent I was told that if you buy the replacement reagent and currently not using it That it must be refrigerated. What are your thoughts on that. Happy reefing and Happy Holidays.
F752CB81-8065-4DD5-9C11-E1F0502AC987.jpeg

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First - are there instructions on the bottle? Read those first.
Second - I've never seen them refrigerated at my LFS.
Third - Read the post from @SuncrestReef

A general rule for reagents and chemicals in general is that chemical reactions proceed more slowly at lower temperatures, so they may well last longer if refrigerated, but this is not universal and in some cases refrigeration may cause adverse reactions like precipitation. If you need to store the reagents an abnormally long period you could consider refrigerating them, but there's no guarantee that that will make them last longer. I doubt Neptune would commit to anything.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my reagents at room temp, never had any issues.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back