Trigger roller-mat issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter NEFFx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NEFFx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2016
Messages
207
Reaction score
98
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Has anyone had issues with the roller mat pulling to one side and letting water through. I tried re starting the dirty roll and the same thing happened.
Letting the water pass does make the roller last a lot longer though. About 2 months on this one and half way through.
sump is a trigger platinum 39

image.jpg
 
I had that issue with a different roller mat AF-1. It came and went. Tightening the fleece helps but it came back
 
Had to register a couple days before I was ready for a build thread so I could reply. I just finished setting up our platinum 34. The fleece roller compartment for my sump came with two clear acrylic plates that slide into place along the path of the fleece to prevent the fleece from displacing like this in high flow configurations.
 
That goes on the back side. The reason for those is still undetermined as I used with or without. Not much impact either way. It doesn’t touch the roller mat. They are currently in.
 
I’m dealing with the exact same issue right now. I’m thinking about pulling the whole thing apart, drilling bigger holes in the holders for the both rolls and making sure they are both perfectly square relative to each other. Does that make sense? Currently I have a 1/2” gap on one side with water rushing through, bypassing the floss. I did the same thing you did with my wife’s help, unrolled the dirty floss and straightened it all out. But it just keeps reverting to it’s crooked ways. Any ideas are very welcome.
 
I’m dealing with the exact same issue right now. I’m thinking about pulling the whole thing apart, drilling bigger holes in the holders for the both rolls and making sure they are both perfectly square relative to each other. Does that make sense? Currently I have a 1/2” gap on one side with water rushing through, bypassing the floss. I did the same thing you did with my wife’s help, unrolled the dirty floss and straightened it all out. But it just keeps reverting to it’s crooked ways. Any ideas are very welcome.
The gang at trigger have been helpful and sent out parts. That said the first 3 months went smooth. The next 4 months were ok but started to realize that the gear was getting worn out on the inside and replaced it. The next 4 months I went through a 2 gears for a single roll. Now I have issues constantly and I even cleaned the entire area including scraping the plastic rollers to reduce friction on the mat. I’m not sure the issue, I will replace the motor unit next since they sent me one. I will say one modification I made that helped is to place a tension rod to keep the two sides together. Otherwise the gear will push them apart when the roller has resistance. I used a coat hanger and drilled a hole on either side of the black acrylic between the rollers. It has helped and I can retension the hanger by coiling it. I haven’t used any other mat to compare.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new