Trigger Sump V2 controller motor Alarm

quesomuchacho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admittedly, electrical engineering is not my strong suit. I’ve got a V2 motor controller on my sump that rolls my fleece for me. That part is fantastic! I’m trying to set it up to send me an alarm/notify my when the fleece gets low, so I can staple/attach the next roll. Letting it run out and trying to thread a new fleece through the full running sump is a wicked frustrating.

Can somebody tell me if I am interpreting this correctly?

I think I’m supposed to take a 3.5mm aux cable, plug a male end into a switch on my apex, strip the other end, hopefully find three wires, identify the ground, plug the ground into the green bottom port of the V2 motor controller, and the other two wires into the other two ports (doesn’t matter which wire to which port). Then go into the apex alarm and code it for if switchX on then alarm on. I’ll be attaching to the V2 motor controller blind as I can’t get behind it, but I’d like to give it a shot.

I’ve attached the “directions” I’m working from via Trigger.

IMG_3160.png IMG_3161.jpeg

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So strangely enough, I just had to get into the world of 'headphone' cables and wiring for a non-aquarium project.

You can buy 3.5mm cables with the other end already stripped off Amazon. If you aren't comfortable with working with tiny wires, its a fairly cheap option.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
quesomuchacho

quesomuchacho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So strangely enough, I just had to get into the world of 'headphone' cables and wiring for a non-aquarium project.

You can buy 3.5mm cables with the other end already stripped off Amazon. If you aren't comfortable with working with tiny wires, its a fairly cheap option.
Oh snap! I’m all over that! Thanks, mann1139!

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back