Triggerfish

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lfs was selling me Lagoon triggerfish at a high price. Yesterday he suddenly told me that he want to sell that in a very low price but that fish is not in a good condition. It has white spots all over its body. So what should I do? I was asking him for a very long time that I want this fish.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lfs was selling me Lagoon triggerfish at a high price. Yesterday he suddenly told me that he want to sell that in a very low price but that fish is not in a good condition. It has white spots all over its body. So what should I do? I was asking him for a very long time that I want this fish.
I personally wouldn’t take it unless you’re ok losing the fish ( worse case scenario )
Or if you’re setup to quarantine and medicate it .
Still a gamble and risk losing what you paid

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing something here, what is the scientific name of the fish you are calling a lagoon trigger. Where I'm from these fish are a dime a dozen and under $100. So I would see no reason to buy a sick one unless you are a rescue, then I would take it for free.

OP
OP
T

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing something here, what is the scientific name of the fish you are calling a lagoon trigger. Where I'm from these fish are a dime a dozen and under $100. So I would see no reason to buy a sick one unless you are a rescue, then I would take it for free.
Rhinecanthus aculeatus is the scientific name I guess.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP is in an Indian State, things over there tend to be slightly more expensive from Indonesia.
I believe in India, the main fish they get in are mostly from the Red Sea and Indian Ocean, around the western side.
Also, to the OP;
I would avoid it if this guy has white spots. This is usually a disease - if he’s selling it so cheap, it’s likely to be velvet which will often wipe out a fish once you see it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back