Juvenile Triggerfish

Tom Boyle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2018
Messages
84
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening!

I have an opportunity to buy a small goldenback triggerfish. The price is steap, but I’ve been looking for a juvenile for awhile. The seller send me a photo of the one they have available, and it looks a bit deformed. Not sure if it’s just how smaller triggerfish look, but it looks a bit off. Given the steap price tag, I was looking for some reassurance that this fish looks normal lol. The seller says it has been eating, just looks funky.

Thank you!

IMG_7573.png
 
Good evening!

I have an opportunity to buy a small goldenback triggerfish. The price is steap, but I’ve been looking for a juvenile for awhile. The seller send me a photo of the one they have available, and it looks a bit deformed. Not sure if it’s just how smaller triggerfish look, but it looks a bit off. Given the steap price tag, I was looking for some reassurance that this fish looks normal lol. The seller says it has been eating, just looks funky.

Thank you!

IMG_7573.png
Shouldnt juvenile golden back triggerfish be blue? Also i think the pic is not doing the Fish justice, looks like the Photo itself is morphed and nothing wrong with the Fish
 
Shouldnt juvenile golden back triggerfish be blue? Also i think the pic is not doing the Fish justice, looks like the Photo itself is morphed and nothing wrong with the Fish
I had thought the same thing too, but I think the key indicator (based off several google searches) is the red tail. Not sure what else it could be, but I’m open to suggestions. I’m going to try to get a video from the seller and I’ll post if I get it!
 
I had thought the same thing too, but I think the key indicator (based off several google searches) is the red tail. Not sure what else it could be, but I’m open to suggestions. I’m going to try to get a video from the seller and I’ll post if I get it!
Yeah thats the best course of action, maybe they can be blue from different regions and gold/yellow in other regions? Just guessing here 😊
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new