Triton 4X4 liter Core7,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Acropora1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased Triton 4X4 Liter kit. It has concentrated dry mix of 1, 2, 3a, and 3b as expected. It also has 1b + infusion bottle. What do I do with that bottle? Do I add it to 1 after mixing? No instructions given and no explanation on the bottle. Also, I looked on the instructions at bulkreefsupply.com and found nothing about it? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

OP
OP
A

Acropora1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply let me know that 1b + infusion can be added to 1 or can be dosed separately. I'm adding mine to 1.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Infusion is for use with calcium reactors and shouldn't be needed when running full core 7 that is already balanced without infusion. I've recently purchased the larger jugs of core 7 but did not receive infusion with it.

Someone from Triton can you please explain what is going on here with infusion being included in some shipments.

OP
OP
A

Acropora1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi CMO, "1b + infusion" is apparently different than "infusion" which is for calcium reactors.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi CMO, "1b + infusion" is apparently different than "infusion" which is for calcium reactors.

But even still this doesn't make much sense. If the core 7 formula needs adjusted this should already be included in the solution. It should not come separate. I've been running Triton for almost 2 years with no issues so kind of confused as to what this is accomplishing.

@Tim2@Triton or @Tim@Triton can you please explain?

OP
OP
A

Acropora1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that the difference is that this 4X4 liter kit is completely dry? In the previous Triton kits 1 and 2 were mixed while 3a and 3b were dry and I had to mix. In this kit, everything was dry and had to be mixed except the bottle of 1b + infusion. So, maybe the trace elements in 1 were not in the dry mix and were added with the 1b + infusion? That's my best guess. That was why I was confused when the kit came.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back