Triton/ Ati water test comparison

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was thinking about doing Triton method and came across this thread on the icp tests.
For the Triton icp, its pretty straight forward in that they provide all the 'dosing' requirements...Core7 etc

If I did use the the ATI version of the test instead, do ATI provide a similar 'dosing scheme'?

Hello Bos, ATI will indeed provide specific recommended dosing recommendations however it will of course be ATI products it recommends. Many people have their annalysis public, you can view them here to get an idea of what is recommended. The top of the list is the highest scoring systems, so it is best you scroll down a long way to find a reef with a low score and review those recommendations.

https://lab.atiaquaristik.com - click public analysis

Are you using the Europan way of seperat decimals and to seperate thousand? Most Europan use , as decimal seperator and . as thousand seperator - In the US and GB it is the other way around. If you indeed us the US/GB standard - your value correspond to more than 33 ppm - unlikely in RODI water. I think you mean 33.249 µg/l (in the US/GB standard) and that´s of no concern for me. My Si level - in the aquarium - is around 300 µg/l

Sincerely Lasse

Unfortunately I am not using the European punctuation. Perhaps better stated as exactly issued on my analysis, these are the last 3 samples tested:
33249 µg/l
21987 µg/l
36913 µg/l

I am currently doing very little about it since my reef is thriving, however I did add an additional chamber of DI resin and change it more frequently. I suspect it may be something in my RODI setup, (pressure tank, tubing etc) or it is being consumed by my reef as I only have 779.6 µg/l when testing the reef water.

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my tanks always looks amazing and the other one is always a struggle. Both have normal parameters and similar systems. I just ordered the double kit so that I can send them both and I like the fact that ATI will test my RODI water.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America, bump this old thread with a new question(s).
1). How much more accurate for dkh, nitrate, and phosphate should we expect from your test? I think that it would be nice to know a window. Example, your dkh shows 9 and mine shows 8.5, no big deal. Mine shows 6 and yours shows 11….that might not be good. Haha
2)once bottled and sent over, is there a variance in the water from the time it left me until it gets to you? Could numbers change?
3). If so, which numbers can and cannot change? Could p04 stay the same but Boron change?
sorry if this has been asked already.

corey

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back