Triton other method how to lower CA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running Triton other method for 1.5 month. ALK is stable at 8 dKH the whole 1.5 month but for these two weeks it slowly declined from 8 dKH to 7.5 dKH. I saw some poset said 7 to 7.2 dKH would be the sweet spot so I am not too worry about my ALK level. My CA is stable at 495~475 ppm in this 1.5 month, a bit high. I did send ICP test before I started Triton other method, but no ICP test during the method.

My tank total water volume is 125 ish gallon, one huge LPS colony and two acro, lots of zoas and small LPS frag. But it is matured for 1.8 years and rock is full of coraline algae.

My dosage is 9.6ml for the 1, 2. Doseing 0.4ml hourly.
19.2ml for the mixed 3a, 3b. Dosing 0.4ml every half hour.
They all be dosed to the water crashing area in the sump so no precipitation.

If I want to lower the CA level, how to do is better? Is it Ok to just stop the CA (I don't remember which bottle it is) and still maintaining others dosage?

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue! Reefer 170 so it can be tough to stabilize alk. Now...alk is good but calcium is to high! I'm going to try dosing calcium every other day

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back