Triton Results and Questions.

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy and R2R, recently tank went south over some nutrient export issues that have been rectified in the last month or so, I had some general questions on some of my trouble lamps and the levels. I do roughly 30g water changes @ 1.025 with Fritz every other week. Do not dose anything currently. Before I was dosing Zeo FWS and Coral Vit. I do have a Sulphur Denitrator which is on a fast drip and not fully open. Other than that I have a MTC Pro Cal reactor. I have plenty of water movement with 2x Gyre XF250's. Any other info is needed I will be glad to give that , thank you!

Elements

Ca -
I know the level is high, issue resides from the calcium media in the denitrator dissolving as well as the calcium reactor. However based on this test it is going down since I got everything back on track as I had issues before.
Br - Bromide is in the yellow, doing some research and talking with some friends they have also had this on their reports. No other real knowledge for why it would be in the yellow.
B - Definitely above normal, I do not dose this and really wondering where it could come from, have some basic knowledge from Googling but it is seemingly not being depleted.
Mo - Molybdenum is really high, searching issues online I seem to find a lot so interested for some knowledge. Triton says possible trace element overdose?
I - Iodine is lower which I expected, I do not dose it. Should I be dosing it or will water changes be effective? (Bi-Weekly WC's)
Si - Scariest number of all when I first looked. I keep my RODI clean and always checking TDS of water leaving the unit. Resin always gets changed on time (Nuclear Grade Color Changing). Always gets flushed as well, only item I have not changed in last six months is the membrane. So this has me at a loss, interesting thing is I do not have a visible algae issue being a reason this caught me so off guard. I do not run any other reactors other than the Denitrator so no carbon or GFO. Any insight would be great and thank you for your time.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does Triton say too do in dossing and actions ??how Many water Changes do they say ., iT all Seems scarey at first but they give you a break down on Where possible contamination could lay .. and how too correct it . Under dosing they will tell you what you need too fine tune your tank
Can you provide the link too your results at triton so we can look ..
Also there is a dedicated forum on R2R for triton users .. hope this helps some .!

OP
OP
Cubed Reefer

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I read the suggestions however they did not offer a real explanation chemical w8se if that makes sense. Just possible problem areas and general responses in under 25 words. Just looking to learn really, need to start removing silicares asap!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I read the suggestions however they did not offer a real explanation chemical w8se if that makes sense. Just possible problem areas and general responses in under 25 words. Just looking to learn really, need to start removing silicares asap!
If you go too the triton forum on here I'm sure #TimCadwell from triton will also help with explaining your analysis for you .. he's certainly helped me with mine .

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest issue may be the silicate, if you have problem diatoms. If not, its no concern.

The boron probably came from the salt mix.

Calcium isn't a concern, but don't add more.

Nothing else seems a substantial concern to me.

OP
OP
Cubed Reefer

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest issue may be the silicate, if you have problem diatoms. If not, its no concern.

The boron probably came from the salt mix.

Calcium isn't a concern, but don't add more.

Nothing else seems a substantial concern to me.
Thank you! I ordered a new membrane for my RO last night as I have a suspicion that was the culprit as it was not the usual aqua fx high rejection I had before. And replace the other blocks for good measure. As well as get a salifert silicate kit. Thank you for the insight Randy!

Back