triton results vs. my testing difference major/minor?

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i just got my triton results and its pretty different from what i test myself. these are my results

calcium
trident = 415
red sea = 415
triton = 489

mag
trident = 1455
red sea = 1460
triton = 1616

phosphate
hanna = .07
triton = .11

so since i have 2 manual test for cal and mag that are so close should i disregard the triton test? the triton test took much longer than anticipated so i wonder if that affects the results. i sent the water sample in and the US facility ended up sending it to Germany for testing. It took about 9 days to get test results back.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i just got my triton results and its pretty different from what i test myself. these are my results

calcium
trident = 415
red sea = 415
triton = 489

mag
trident = 1455
red sea = 1460
triton = 1616

phosphate
hanna = .07
triton = .11

so since i have 2 manual test for cal and mag that are so close should i disregard the triton test? the triton test took much longer than anticipated so i wonder if that affects the results. i sent the water sample in and the US facility ended up sending it to Germany for testing. It took about 9 days to get test results back.
ICP measurements may not be all that accurate. Stick with your local measurement.

Ledo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

calcium
trident = 415
red sea = 415
triton = 489

mag
trident = 1455
red sea = 1460
triton = 1616

phosphate
hanna = .07
triton = .11

How does triton measure phosphate?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back