Triton Where to start

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having issues with keeping SPS and want to see if Triton is a good place to start. Where do I start?

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im by no means a expert I just put my elements online yesterday, but i would do a initial test. then correct parameters then start dosing. I upgraded my refuge and refuge lighting to fully run the system. You may call unique corals and speak with jeff or scott

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will start with the test and see where it goes.
@bwrag are you using the dosing from them as well?

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes just started though, so no insight into program yet, but hopefully soon.

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So only unique corals has the Triton products?

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I am aware, only Unique Corals is carrying Triton Products in the U.S. I have been using Triton Elementz for three part dosing for about a year now. I've been impressed with it, and continue to use it. It's recommended that you have an initial water analysis, though I didn't do that. I have a variety of high-end water testing equipment, though cannot test for everything that Triton does. With Elementz you need to test your Calcium/Alk/Magnesium - but you'll be focusing on ALK. Once you start dosing, the goal is to keep your ALK around 8.3 dKH. In fact, it's the only parameter Triton recommends testing, as the dosing is said to keep other parameters in check, as long as ALK is stable. That was the selling point for me, as it allows you to only deal with one parameter, instead of 3. I used to test CA/ALK/MG weekly, but for the past 8 months or so have only been testing ALK weekly, keeping it in the suggested range. Overall, I've been quite happy.

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool.. I am really paying attention to ALK myself. I am dialing it in to 8.3 to 8.4 but right now my last test has the tank at 8.7. So i adjusted my dosing next test will be tonight.

I still will test Calcium and Nitrates as it is an indicator for me. For one I need to know the usage of Calcium and if I need to dose more etc. Secondly, Nitrates is a big indicator on feeding in my opinion.

I will order the triton test soon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back