Triton with a EAReef Pro 1200s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Derek2783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of moving to the triton method with my tank. Only thing is the sump doesn't seem big enough.

I've measured the water level in the first compartment and the water level in my main tank.

The display comes in at 352 litres and the first part of the sump measures 25 litres.

I know this is on the limit of 10%. Would I be better buying a different sump or could it work with this?

Also the return pump section also has water flowing over the baffle and not under. Would this be an issue?

Thanks,
Derek

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use "other methods" if the fuge is small to standards or the tank it immature. "Full" has added macro elements. The above is from the Triton thread. I think you’ll be ok.

OP
OP
D

Derek2783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is about a year old and I have chaeto growing like mad in the second compartment at the moment.

Was more the sump size and layout I'm concerned about.

IMG20210113145507.jpg

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think 10% is a bright line. Success if 10.1% failure at 9.9%. It is my understanding of Triton that they just want to make sure that you have enough space to have adequate plant life to pull out all the things that are not fish and coral friendly and that the fish and corals get things that are not plant friendly. As long as you have a healthy active fuge I believe you are on the right path.

OP
OP
D

Derek2783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brilliant thank you. My chaeto I have at the moment overgrows the middle section and I have to remove some every weekly water change.

Think I'll give it a go then.

Back