• Tropic marin

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my refractometer is starting to rust on me and its about time I get another one. I was looking and noticed 2 that seemed promising which is the hanna HI98319 and the tropic marin hydrometer. Have a bunch of local refers like and use the hanna but with my ocd I keep thinking of getting the tropic marin.

Any suggestions or feed back on either or would be greatly appreciated.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People will always have there own opinions but I love my Milwaukee salinity tester been using for some time now and is super easy to use.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the Milwaukee digital as well. Really a great tool. I would be inclined to grab both and maybe use the TM as a quick check when you dont want to get out the digital tester and clean the sensor.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Hanna pen, Milwaukee, a new refractometer and a hydrometer (calibrated glass float)
Hanna pen all day...its too easy to dip and check...........time for a garage sale:rolleyes:

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Hanna pen, Milwaukee, a new refractometer and a hydrometer (calibrated glass float)
Hanna pen all day...its too easy to dip and check...........time for a garage sale:rolleyes:
I’m with Siggy here. I have refractometer, hydrometer and Hanna pen... all I’m going to say is you don’t know you need the hanna pen until you have it and then you won’t want to go back to any of the other options.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TM Hydrometer is VERY large. It needs about 12-14” of depth to get a reading.

I have the Hydrometer, Hanna, Milwakee and refractometer as well as a GHL profilux reading the salinity. To be honest.. I trust none of them to be dead accurate. But I do average them all once a month. The Hanna is nice and convenient. I use it to make sure my new mix water is the same as my tank.

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Hanna HI96822 because it doesn't get dunked right in the tank. I don't want to contaminate my tank. Also, I can drop water on it from a copper containing QT tank and it will not come into contact with the DT.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back