Tropic Marin Plus NP Info

lazlodawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had difficulty maintaining detectable amounts of nitrate and phosphate in my tank and recently purchased Tropic Marin NP plus. I've read that standard hobby grade test kits will not be accurate with this product and I'd like to share my question and answer from the very helpful and quick to respond folks at Tropic Marin with the community in case you might find it useful.

My question: Hi! I have a question about the Plus N-P product I hope you can answer. If I follow the instructions to "Add 1 ml (1 pump-full) to every 100 l/26 US-gal. of aquarium system volume every day" how much will it raise Nitrates and Phosphates in my system? Let's assume there is no uptake of either nitrate or phosphate in the system for simplicity.
The reason I am asking is because I've read on some online forums that the product will not show up on standard hobby grade test kits.

Response: "It is a bit difficult to answer the question, how much nitrate is added by Tropic Marin Plus-NP since only 1/4 of the available nitrogen compounds added by Plus-NP is nitrate, 3/4 of the available nitrogen compounds are other organic and inorganic nitrogen compounds. However, if we convert all added nitrogen compounds to nitrate, one single dose would add 0.15 ppm nitrate and 0.033 ppm phosphate.

Kind regards

Hans-Werner Balling"

Reefdom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a best time of day to dose plus np?

can plus np and Bacto balance be used together or does that not make sense?

my measurable nutrients of nitrate and phosphate are 0/0.02 respectively using 1.3ml a day in a 230l net volume tank.
Thanks in advance

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a best time of day to dose plus np
IMO - yes. Dose just before the start of the photosynthesis of your corals. For most people it is the same as an hour or so after the start of the light.

Sincerely Lasse

Reefdom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect. Just dose when I feed the fish. Nice and easy to remember.
Thank you

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back