Tropic Marin Pro - Mixing Issues

tee89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

This is my first post and first reef build so full disclosure, im going to ask noob questions.

So im having problems with salinity in my water changes. Im currently using Tropic Marin Pro, and im ok with the parameters of KH been on the lower end of the spectrum and all. The issue im having is im mixing 1/2 cup per gallon of water (5g water changes, 1:1 ) but my salinity hits 36ppt, so what is the correct dosing amount per gallon to reach 35ppt?

Im testing using the apex probe and hanna.

Any advise is greatly appreciated, stay safe everyone.

Thanks

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

This is my first post and first reef build so full disclosure, im going to ask noob questions.

So im having problems with salinity in my water changes. Im currently using Tropic Marin Pro, and im ok with the parameters of KH been on the lower end of the spectrum and all. The issue im having is im mixing 1/2 cup per gallon of water (5g water changes, 1:1 ) but my salinity hits 36ppt, so what is the correct dosing amount per gallon to reach 35ppt?

Im testing using the apex probe and hanna.

Any advise is greatly appreciated, stay safe everyone.

Thanks
I have both of what you use to check your salinity and I would use a refractometer first over both. I use my Apex salinity to maintain my tank salinity, and my Hanna stays in the drawer. The Apex salinity probe is great to maintain, but, not to actually test. I would use a refractometer to check the water you are mixing before adding it to the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.5%
Back