Tropic Marin Pro Reef Mix "STORE USE ONLY" Question

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have come across a 230 gallon tropic marin reef mix, that says "store use only". Is it going to have the same composition as the regular tropic marin pro reef salt sold to the public?

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess it's the same exact salt ... and that size of bucket/box (?) is only intended for sale to retailers do to size/cost/shipping constraints or something like that.

If you want to be 100% certain though, why not reach out to Tropic Marin's US rep - Lou Ekus - via the email icon at the bottom of the Tropic Marin USA webpage? Lou has been very quick to respond ... and very down to earth in his responses ... with the one or two product questions I sent in.

Or, you could even post your question in the Tropic Marin sponsor forum here on R2R (although I suspect you might get a quicker response with and email).

shookONES

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not uncommon for a company to provide retailers with products for them to use themselves, rather than sell. I bet that’s the situation here.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Importing goods to the US has been dicey since covid supplies have been made top priority. Limited extra space.

Shipping within the US UPS and fed ex is a little dicey because of the vaccine being given top priority.

xAndrewx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen this with instant ocean before. The packaging is different and it doesn't have all of the consumer information on it. Probably something like that I would guess.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back