Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt ??

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Lou! For those still using TM Pro have you projected the actual increase in demand for future years and have adequate capacity to cover that demand? I realize forecasting is speculative in retail. You also probably can't rely too heavily on 2020 sales figures if you had a shortfall in supply but many people are very loyal to their brands and they could use some assurances.

I truly hope you're able to continue supporting the hobby at a high level. When a key supplier falters it hurts us all.
It is impossible to project the actual increase in demand. Especially with the past year being such a anomaly. However, the increased manufacturing capacity that we have put in place is significant. Also, as you know, this supply/demand deficit has been sizable. If we can "catch up" with it, as we are in the process of doing, that shows that we can handle quite an increase on an ongoing basis. We certainly hope that the current trend in demand continues, and we are gearing up sufficiently to cover that long term. I know that it seems like it has taken a long time for us to respond to this issue. In fact, the response was fairly quick internally. But with the extremely tight quality control procedures behind the scenes, it has taken some time for that response to show up as increased supply. But I can tell you from a personal basis, I have been with the company for over 24 years, and the response and actions taken to resolve these supply deficits are unprecedented. All things considered, I'm very proud of how Tropic Marin has ramped up. And I'm even happier that we are now starting to see the results of those efforts making their way over to our very needy market.

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey reefers
so i have to decide which salt to go with soon since i am about to fill the tank soon. I REALLLLLLY want to use the tropic mairin salt but it seems like its really hard to get? anyone know of a site that carries this salt consistently ? i dont want to start with this salt and then switch if its to hard to get. What is the next best salt to use besides Tropic Marin that comes close ? Thanks !!
I feel your pain LOL I went w it bc I liked the reviews, it works amazing and I love it.....and then the entire stock went out of stock everywhere. I still have plenty til around July I’m hoping they refresh before then

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is impossible to project the actual increase in demand. Especially with the past year being such a anomaly. However, the increased manufacturing capacity that we have put in place is significant. Also, as you know, this supply/demand deficit has been sizable. If we can "catch up" with it, as we are in the process of doing, that shows that we can handle quite an increase on an ongoing basis. We certainly hope that the current trend in demand continues, and we are gearing up sufficiently to cover that long term. I know that it seems like it has taken a long time for us to respond to this issue. In fact, the response was fairly quick internally. But with the extremely tight quality control procedures behind the scenes, it has taken some time for that response to show up as increased supply. But I can tell you from a personal basis, I have been with the company for over 24 years, and the response and actions taken to resolve these supply deficits are unprecedented. All things considered, I'm very proud of how Tropic Marin has ramped up. And I'm even happier that we are now starting to see the results of those efforts making their way over to our very needy market.
Nice response. Assuming this doesn't push up prices in the future I would be one to weigh the option of moving back to TM Pro at some point. Thanks again.

It's stressful having disgruntled customers, isn't it?

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey reefers
so i have to decide which salt to go with soon since i am about to fill the tank soon. I REALLLLLLY want to use the tropic mairin salt but it seems like its really hard to get? anyone know of a site that carries this salt consistently ? i dont want to start with this salt and then switch if its to hard to get. What is the next best salt to use besides Tropic Marin that comes close ? Thanks !!
ESV B-Ionic is probably the next best in terms of how quickly it mixes up. I've used it as well as Tropic Marin Pro. I have also used IO and it works. Honestly, I switch from it because it seems like it takes a lot longer to mix clear and a couple of the times I needed to get more salt, all the bags were rock hard.

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same guy, just back peddling. In the middle of the pandemic, the pandemic was quoted as the issue. When we were once again allowed to go outside, the reason was changed to being locked down, then changed again to production issues.

The fanboys will tell you differently. Just search posts on here and you can see the reason changed many times over the past few months.

Availability coupled with the unusually high price, will be the death of this salt. Least here in the states. It may still be available, but it will not be the darling salt it is today.
so whats the next best quality salt these days ?

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any salt you choose will do the job, no one is better then the other. Salt is salt, if anyone tells you differently, they are simply lying.

Pick one that matches your wallet, and the parameters you want to keep. Then ask yourself are you going to mix and use, or mix and store?
I’m not sure I agree with this completely.. some salts seem to have questionable QA leading to levels that differ from the stated label, some mix cleaner, faster, etc.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure I agree with this completely.. some salts seem to have questionable QA leading to levels that differ from the stated label, some mix cleaner, faster, etc.
Yep! Some salts have high alk, some low alk, Ca and Mg levels vary between makes, and like you said some mix faster and cleaner. Consistency is better with some salts. Tropic Marin Pro Reef checks the boxes for most reefers. But again, a salt you can buy works better than one you can't.

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you guys suggest i do ? Whats the best salt everyone is using these days... its the last thing i need before i start ! I was thinking maybe fritz ??

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you guys suggest i do ? Whats the best salt everyone is using these days... its the last thing i need before i start ! I was thinking maybe fritz ??
If you're thinking about using TM Pro in the future you can start, or stay with, Red Sea blue bucket until TM gets the supply issues figured out. Red Sea has levels similar to TM Pro.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This August vacation season coming in Eu so do not hold your breathe. Once I am out I am switching off for at least a year or more.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you may just want to get 2 quarts of white vinegar and small bottle of peroxide to clean mixing tank twice a year instead of once a year and stay with it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back