Tropic marin pro

Toolman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm preparing to set up a 75 gl reef tank. Mainly Softies and beginners corals. I was planning on using Tropic Marin pro. But it seems to be out of stock on most sites. My main concern is I won't be able to get it when I need it. My other question is, is a salt of that quality necessary for a what I plan on stocking my tank with.

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't go with the pro I used it and I didn't care for it's chemical make-up. I find the all to be low. I would recommend using the classic it is what I currently use. I have tried IO, reef crystals, fritz. So far I think for the money TM classic is the best bang for your buck. I found IO and RC to mix dirty and fritz over all just didn't care for the results in my tank.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Classic, also. Great salt imo.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main concern is I won't be able to get it when I need it.

You can start with it if you want...And if you can't find it later, switching salts is not a big deal at all, unless you are doing huge water changes that sway parameters and you are keeping really sensitive corals.

My other question is, is a salt of that quality necessary for a what I plan on stocking my tank with.

Any salt will work for what you are trying to accomplish. And many successful reefers, including Tank of the Month reefers, use the cheapest salt.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah TPM Pro is out of stock with most online vendors. I am going to go to Classic. I don't think It will disturb my tank too much going from Pro to Classic. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
T

Toolman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou all for you advice. It is greatly appreciated.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm preparing to set up a 75 gl reef tank. Mainly Softies and beginners corals. I was planning on using Tropic Marin pro. But it seems to be out of stock on most sites. My main concern is I won't be able to get it when I need it. My other question is, is a salt of that quality necessary for a what I plan on stocking my tank with.
Check petco.com for free delivery

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah TPM Pro is out of stock with most online vendors. I am going to go to Classic. I don't think It will disturb my tank too much going from Pro to Classic. What do you guys think?

As long as you are monitoring your nutrient levels and adjusting as necessary, then it shouldn't disturb a thing.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used Classic when I couldn't find Pro. So it's fair to say I've cycled 400G of Classic through my 120G tank and really didn't see an impact one way or another. Pro does mix with very low Alk, so I always end up adding soda ash to raise Alk to my target. My understanding is that Pro is intended to be low Alk because people use Calcium reactors and such.

Back