Tropic Marin trace elements

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just need some input on tropic marin trace elements which I'm talking about A and K elements that they make. Do u guys dose them everyday or do you just dose your take once a week. I dose once already and the coral colors are really starting to come out.

cooksterni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about A elements. I'm dosing Bacto Balance at the minute and I just noticed it recommends dosing A elements as bacto balance has K in it.

My question is how do I know if my aquarium needs it? It's relatively new and only 9 or 10 frags. I'm not sure what I should do.

I was dosing 0.5ml of iodine every few days.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just need some input on tropic marin trace elements which I'm talking about A and K elements that they make. Do u guys dose them everyday or do you just dose your take once a week. I dose once already and the coral colors are really starting to come out.

I don't have any special advice on this supplement system, but every time I see Tropic Marin K+ Elements, it cracks me up.

Who decides to name a product "K+ Elements" and then specifically do not include the element K+. lol

It's like naming a store "car parts" and only having boat parts in it. lol

cooksterni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any special advice on this supplement system, but every time I see Tropic Marin K+ Elements, it cracks me up.

Who decides to name a product "K+ Elements" and then specifically do not include the element K+. lol

It's like naming a store "car parts" and only having boat parts in it. lol

Is it best practice to dose trace elements, can they be over dosed? Or will weekly/bi weekly water changes replace enough of the trace elements until corals start to grow out and need more?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it best practice to dose trace elements, can they be over dosed? Or will weekly/bi weekly water changes replace enough of the trace elements until corals start to grow out and need more?

They can be over dosed, and they can be too low. I would not guess you will substantially overdose using a quality product like Tropic Marin exactly per directions (or less).

The only trace element I dosed was iron, and it remained undetectable. Some trace elements were fine without dosing (e.g., zinc), and some may have benefitted from it (manganese, vanadium) .

I'd say it is either trial and error, or measuring by ICP and then trial and error.

I discuss those issues here:

Back