Tropical marine salt Pro and all for reef

datfoomarlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I have a question I new to the Neptune apex system , I’ve been testing and slowly my alk , calcium, magnesium, slowly is going down due to my new coral my question is would the Neptune system stop dosing automatically when I do water change since the tropical marine pro has all the nutrients ? Or it would just keep dosing ? And I was wondering if I can just dose, all for reef, mixing powder ?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I have a question I new to the Neptune apex system , I’ve been testing and slowly my alk , calcium, magnesium, slowly is going down due to my new coral my question is would the Neptune system stop dosing automatically when I do water change since the tropical marine pro has all the nutrients ? Or it would just keep dosing ? And I was wondering if I can just dose, all for reef, mixing powder ?
Just let your dosing continue while making a water change. It should not make a big of a difference with your trace elements.

Choose a salt mix that mixes to the parameters that you would like to run your reef. That way if you hold those parameters in your reef, a new water change will not change that must in ak, cal and mag during the water change.

It just so happens that the Red Sea Blue Bucket’s mixing parameters matches the parameters that I like running a reef at. So I pretty much stay with that salt mix.

Here is a video of the powder. It does show how much powder to mix with ro/di water. From the reviews a good magnetic stirrer is a must have like he is using in the video.

If you are new to reefing I would not choose all for reef, while learning how do dose, because you will not be able to get a true reading of your alk until about 24 hours after the dose.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 83 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back