OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A4C6652F-9330-4BA1-9FD2-30DA10EDCF5A.jpeg
On a different note. My clownfish is preggo!!

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do I just have a noisy sensor here?

I haven’t gotten around to mounting the power box yet.So heaters are still running on their internal sensors. It’s interesting to see how they respond to temp changes

2A651C4A-B1B9-43AB-B36B-8B066114760C.png

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some spikes in my temp probe like that also. After the heater was hooked up to a relay I was amazed how it smoothed things out. Everything stayed within 1/2 degree of my target temperature.
Since I am running the probe in my sump I had to run the heater a degree higher than my target temperature to get the tank to the right temperature.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do I just have a noisy sensor here?

I haven’t gotten around to mounting the power box yet.So heaters are still running on their internal sensors. It’s interesting to see how they respond to temp changes

2A651C4A-B1B9-43AB-B36B-8B066114760C.png
I dont think so. Same pattern appears to other users as well. You can control the fluctuation with heater strength, control frequency etc. With external control I think this is the normal pattern. I would love to see what other controller users experience as well as how the variation (periodicity and level of fluctuations) changes depending upon heater types (say jaeger vs fluval ) , strength (wattage) and tank volume.
I really look forward to explore stuff like this as reef-pi matures

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Diamond1 Alright I guys need some help my brain is not working tonight. I went to hook my power box up and while j was setting it up I notice that I don't have control over each plug in.

Basically let's say pins 5 and 6 are supposed to control the bottom and top respectively of one outlet. Well pin 5 controls the entire outlet as well as pin 6.....

Is my wiring mess up here?

image.jpg

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Diamond1 Alright I guys need some help my brain is not working tonight. I went to hook my power box up and while j was setting it up I notice that I don't have control over each plug in.

Basically let's say pins 5 and 6 are supposed to control the bottom and top respectively of one outlet. Well pin 5 controls the entire outlet as well as pin 6.....

Is my wiring mess up here?

image.jpg
Make sure that the hot tab is broken off on each outlet, can't tell from the picture. With power off and relays off, measure continuity between the hot side of each pair of outlets, should be no continuity. If that is all good, look at your configuration on reef-pi and make sure you don't have the same gpio called out for 2 outlets in the connectors tab.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love an easy fix!
Is everything working now?

Yes sir it is! Now if these dang PH Boards would get here already I could start on that.

Super excited though guys got an interview here soon for a position that pays literally 3 times more than what I am making currently. Super excited!

@Ranjib Hey man whats the story on being able to control 24v power heads with reef pi. Like the Jebao units or any DC power head?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir it is! Now if these dang PH Boards would get here already I could start on that.

Super excited though guys got an interview here soon for a position that pays literally 3 times more than what I am making currently. Super excited!

@Ranjib Hey man whats the story on being able to control 24v power heads with reef pi. Like the Jebao units or any DC power head?
Still some work needs to be done. I am in the middle of a driver work that will allow us integrating the ph (and all future boards) easily to reef-pi. After that I'll work on profiles (arbitrary pwm curves) . I think with profiles support we should be able to start experimenting with wave makers.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sending good vibes for the upcoming interview! 3x's the pay has got to equate to at least 2 more tanks or 1 big monster tank!

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still some work needs to be done. I am in the middle of a driver work that will allow us integrating the ph (and all future boards) easily to reef-pi. After that I'll work on profiles (arbitrary pwm curves) . I think with profiles support we should be able to start experimenting with wave makers.

Let me know you if need someone to test stuff. I will be more than willing!

Sending good vibes for the upcoming interview! 3x's the pay has got to equate to at least 2 more tanks or 1 big monster tank!

Already told the wife. One big tank. I will do something large 125 - 160 gal.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know you if need someone to test stuff. I will be more than willing!

Already told the wife. One big tank. I will do something large 125 - 160 gal.
Sure. thank you for helping with all the testing work and giving reef-pi a chance
Congratulations on the job :) . This should unlock a lot of new things,

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back