Trumpet coral question

slipknotgrrl83

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
908
Reaction score
341
Location
newburyport. MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral has grown several new stems? Heads? Over the past 6 months but they are just fuzzy looking, nothing like the others. Is this normal? Are they slow growers? Everything is thriving. Thanks!

20201228_150402.jpg
 
Can you get a better pic? And maybe circle what you’re talking about in your photos. My candy canes split a ton, like all the time but the heads don’t get fuzzy. In the pic above I see three candy cane heads and then some other coral I can’t identify growing around it.

mines heads look like this.
 

Attachments

  • 03845524-55F3-4EDF-A460-9F5A58207297.jpeg
    03845524-55F3-4EDF-A460-9F5A58207297.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 67
Agree on clearer and light balanced pic
Trumpets are meaty and not fuzzy in which could be hydnophora or similar
 
Can you get a better pic? And maybe circle what you’re talking about in your photos. My candy canes split a ton, like all the time but the heads don’t get fuzzy. In the pic above I see three candy cane heads and then some other coral I can’t identify growing around it.

mines heads look like this.

Agree on clearer and light balanced pic
Trumpets are meaty and not fuzzy in which could be hydnophora or similar

Those are not trumpets. Look like pocclipora or something similar, but in no way trumpets. I mean, that’s not even how they grow...
Zoom in those look like trumpets the background obscures it
 
Hmmm... they were sold as trumpets. Maybe it was a 2 for one deal? Lol. I will get a better pic in the morning and post it. Lights are out now
 
Zoom in those look like trumpets the background obscures it
I see what you mean... still no way those are all lil individual trumpets tho.
 
Zoom in those look like trumpets the background obscures it
I see what you mean... still no way those are all lil individual trumpets tho.
Just the white looking part 3 heads the rest are something else.
 
The back coral is my duncan.
The green right behind the three heads. Those arnt an lps a type of sps. The foreground white looks to be 3 heads of candy canes. They do come in that bright green color
 
Here i zoomed in on the pic i had, can get a better one when lights on
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20201228-235147_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-235147_Gallery.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 61
Can you get a better pic? And maybe circle what you’re talking about in your photos. My candy canes split a ton, like all the time but the heads don’t get fuzzy. In the pic above I see three candy cane heads and then some other coral I can’t identify growing around it.

mines heads look like this.
See below , i zoomed in,im talking about the fuzzy green behind the neon candy cane heads
 
Thats what those are then? Its weird because i bought it as a camdy cane with just the two neon heads... maybe these were attached but hadnt grown yet?
I’m not 100% sure but the green fuzzy ones look like poccilpora .
If you zoom in on the picture it almost looks like alveopora

google those and see if they look similar to you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new