Trumps 45g Cube

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iam new here so HI first off figured I d share a little and show of my little chunk of the ocean. Reefing for awhile first reef went the way of a car accident yes a real "crash" was a std. 45g
After I tried a 90 and it just never did right so I shut down for about 4 yrs. I decided I wanted to start up again and rejoined local club with my 15g show tank 24x8x16 was great little tank drilled and coast to coast overflow. That proved a little tight to work in so bought a 28 bow from a club member and ran that for about a year before getting irritated with the brace down the middle of the tank. All of this leading up to my current tank a Marineland 45g cube. It is a mixed reef with mostly sps frags and a horse trough sump in the basement, was non drilled so used a 700gph Glass-holes overflow and mag18 return. Skimmed with an Aqua C 120ev using a quiteone 2200. Reefbreeders LED value fixture. DIY stand and soon changing out the light fixture hanger as well.

The 28 bow shortly before was swapped out to the cube.

Putting the kid to work on the stand.

The tank pre drilling.

Current apperance and inhabitents minus the Dart fish whom navigated the screen top yesterday.

Aluminium Light Fixture arm

I will add some pics of the sump after I fix my bubble problem I need to add a bucket for the bubbles to dissipate in as it s causing some micro bubbles in the DT. The alagea is due to a RO/DI mishap when the town decided to flush the systems with chlormine and a ton of other goodies wrecking my filter and sending my TDS up to 300. Took me a month before I found this out during a WC. My RO/DI runs on a sprinkler timer that turns on for 1 hr daily so I didnt notice the difference till I went for the water chanege

OP
OP
T

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top down shot with just the dining room lights on. The back side of the reef wall houses an RBTA a Frogspawn and a Pavona.

OP
OP
T

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I will try and do it before the boss man get in so from left side front around the horn and back to the front.

Purple tip Branching Hammer On the center arm
Highlighter Candy Cane Unnamed Acro
Wild Meteor Shower Superman Monti
Meteor Shower Prism Favia
Miami Hurricane 3 Types of Blastos
Pink Birds Nest An acan of some sorts
Purple Stylophora
Joe the Coral Island of the chalice
Green Poclipora Miami Hurricane
Plum Crazy Mengs Mummy Eye
Mr Magi Tort 3 more that Iam not sure of names
Red Milli (not sure of name)
Green Milli (not sure of name)
Larry Jackson Tri Color
Pavona
Pink Tip Branching Frogspawn
Orange Cap
Orange Setosa
ORA Birds of Paradise
Forest Fire Digiata
Unnamed Acro
montipora confusa
Sunset Monti

Fish: Twin Spot Hog, 2 Ocs. clowns, Melanarus Wrasse, Alage Blenny, Kole Tang
Inverts: Cleaner Shrimp, Pom Pom Crab
RBTA

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job!!

OP
OP
T

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after getting really really irritated with my sand bed I decided to remove it completly. I have a little more to siphon off but my display tank is so much clearer now. I also was able to obtain an Apex system that has made the tank a lot more stable. In getting rid of the sand I also had to get rid of the critters whom lived there. That meant the aqua scape was getting a complete redo. Here is a couple photos.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!! :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back