Trying Out Dad's Other Hobby. What Does Everyone Else Do For Fun?

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. The only experience I have with RC is with helicopters... one is on the roof of my old neighbors house, one is lost in a field somewhere, and the other was broken and never repaired. It was a super fun week though :D

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dick around with Photoshop
sparkle_demon_small.jpg

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dick around with Photoshop
sparkle_demon_small.jpg
How does that process work exactly? I'm not big on computers, but I get manipulating an actual picture. That on the other hand, I don't get that. Is it a bunch of individual shapes and pictures put together? Ha ha, sorry for my ignorance! Cool picture though :)

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, its a lot of assembled images. The various images I made from scratch, except for a grasshopper leg photo which you can see in there 6 times.
That's the only bit I recognized :)

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

This is my new time taker. Moved into our house last year and now decided to renovate this old house. 104 years old. Pulling vinyl siding to find the cedar shingles underneath, then redoing all the old windows...all 39 of them

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

This is my new time taker. Moved into our house last year and now decided to renovate this old house. 104 years old. Pulling vinyl siding to find the cedar shingles underneath, then redoing all the old windows...all 39 of them
What a pain, but SO rewarding! Are you keeping the shingles and/or original windows? Old houses like that have so many fun surprises. In one of the houses my dad renovated he found like 100 year old newspapers in the walls! If I remember correctly it was the funnies too :)

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are keeping it as original as possible. Cedar shingles are a cool find underneath, but replacing the broken ones is gonna be time consuming. Windows are going to stay original as well. They have the original hand blown glass in them still too. From my searching on it, replacement windows aren't going to save me any in the heat department compared to properly fixed originals. But they will cost around 30,000 if I replaced them all.

House has a unique story behind it, as it was moved at one point. We were told 1974, but in my research to find what the house looked like I am learning it was moved more in the 80's. Figure there has to be a pic of it somewhere when it was moved. Wife's uncle remembers the house in its original location, but I details. I searched it back to 1925 already and all who have lived in it.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are keeping it as original as possible. Cedar shingles are a cool find underneath, but replacing the broken ones is gonna be time consuming. Windows are going to stay original as well. They have the original hand blown glass in them still too. From my searching on it, replacement windows aren't going to save me any in the heat department compared to properly fixed originals. But they will cost around 30,000 if I replaced them all.

House has a unique story behind it, as it was moved at one point. We were told 1974, but in my research to find what the house looked like I am learning it was moved more in the 80's. Figure there has to be a pic of it somewhere when it was moved. Wife's uncle remembers the house in its original location, but I details. I searched it back to 1925 already and all who have lived in it.
Hey! I lived in a house that had been moved too! Lol only difference is that yours probably doesn't have wheels ;)

Sounds like sticking with the original is the right choice. I think they look better too, modern windows might look silly on an older house. Good luck with you project, I look forward to updates! :)

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooohhh nice! I have a couple good friends that ride, though they would probably give you crap because they're Harley guys (or however you categorize it) ;) Stay safe out there!
Thanks. I always try to be. Am 45 and have been riding for 41 years - haven't had a major fall or accident yet *knock on wood*.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I always try to be. Am 45 and have been riding for 41 years - haven't had a major fall or accident yet *knock on wood*.
That's a long time to be doing anything. Let's hope it stays that way!

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some good looking fish! Do you have any mounted?

Nah none mounted. Keep a couple of a feed and the rest are released, some species I never keep and some I always keep. Not that I can eat fish anymore- allergic to it now.

This is a coral trout, beautiful fish and great eating.

IMG_4566.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back