Trying to diagnose

salinity now

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
154
Reaction score
85
Location
Topeka KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed extreme crud on my glass warranting the scraping every 45 minutes. I checked the PH and it was lower than the usual 8.2 at 7.5. Alkalinity is 9.2. I looked at over feeding but my PO4 is 0.05. I have an old stove in my house that will elevate the CO levels if I don';t put the exhaust fan in the window. Would elevated carbon monoxide levels do this? My CO detector read 23 PPM. There is no doubt that that burner on with no ventilation elevated CO2 levels and that will lower PH.
 
Last edited:
I noticed extreme crud on my glass warranting the scraping every 45 minutes. I checked the PH and it was lower than the usual 8.2 at 7.5. Alkalinity is 9.2. I looked at over feeding but my PO4 is 0.05. I have an old stove in my house that will elevate the CO levels if I don';t put the exhaust fan in the window. Would elevated carbon monoxide levels do this? My CO detector read 23 PPM. There is no doubt that that burner on with no ventilation elevated CO2 levels and that will lower PH.
Could you send a picture?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new