trying to figure out how these light hanger (cable) work

  • Thread starter Thread starter cracker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2014
Messages
7,163
Reaction score
16,191
Location
north east Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these 2 longer lengths of cable with beads at one end. there are sleeves of sorts that screw together. I cant see what they do but they do something. I want to be able to lower or rise my ref light. If I use crimps I'm stuck with one height. Any ideas how I can use these cables & still adjust? Thanks !

HPIM8894.JPG
 
That's the hardware for the ceiling. A screw goes into the female threaded fitting and into the ceiling(joist or anchor) then the cable with the ball on the end goes through the hole in the male threaded fitting which then screws into the female fitting screwed into the ceiling. No adjustment of any part in your pic. Maybe still attached to the light?
 
Yeah you're missing the part that slides/locks on the cable for length adjustment. Cable kit for might lights came with it...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new