Trying to finalize stocking list

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have about 4-5 weeks until my custom tank arrives. I am trying to finalize my stocking list.
Tank is 8ft L x 3ft W x 2ft T

Current plan:

Snow Onyx pair
Black and white Ocellaris pair
Yellow Wrasse x2
cleaner blue neon goby x4
Royal Gramma Basslet x1
Regal Angel Red sea version or Maldives x1
GoldFlake angel x1
Flame angel Christmas islands 1m3f
Blue tang x1
Desjardini Sailfin Tang x1
Purple tang x1
Bellus Angelfish 1m and 1-2f

Anyone see any huge issues that need rethought? FYI I do not want to rehome fish after a couple years I want this to be a perm home for them. One thing I am definitely wondering is if I can get away with a 2nd Blue tang.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have about 4-5 weeks until my custom tank arrives. I am trying to finalize my stocking list.
Tank is 8ft L x 3ft W x 2ft T

Current plan:

Snow Onyx pair
Black and white Ocellaris pair
Yellow Wrasse x2
cleaner blue neon goby x4
Royal Gramma Basslet x1
Regal Angel Red sea version or Maldives x1
GoldFlake angel x1
Flame angel Christmas islands 1m3f
Blue tang x1
Desjardini Sailfin Tang x1
Purple tang x1
Bellus Angelfish 1m and 1-2f

Anyone see any huge issues that need rethought? FYI I do not want to rehome fish after a couple years I want this to be a perm home for them. One thing I am definitely wondering is if I can get away with a 2nd Blue tang.
Love the footprint size of this tank setup. I think stocking list is pretty good. Are you talking Atlantic blue or hepatus tang? Either I think would be fine as 2. Make sure and post lots of pictures as you put this thing together. It's going to be great

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do cut our pictures, full size, of these fishes and attach them to the marked wall area that is the size of your tank (8'X2'). Then you see what a tank that size with these fishes look like after a few years. This really help me in determine if I over stock my tank or not ahead of time.
If this is my tank, I would leave out the Sailfin, consider a Powder Blue Tang instead, and have a pair of Regal angels instead of a Regal and a Goldflake.
Consider a Harlequin Tusk.
IMO, PBT got to be the most beautiful of all tangs. Harlequin Tusk got to be one of the most striking of all fish. I feel that all my large tank MUST have these two fishes. The Tusk is not a mean fish, and in a tank that large, keeping PBT is no problem.
HarlequinTusk2016080801.jpg
PBT2021010902.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power blue/brown or Achilles or anything from that family will not be going in my tank.
The family Acanthuridae included all the tangs, surgeonfishes and unicornfishes, which are all the fishes with peduncle (scalpel) on the tail spine. But I do know that you mean the Genus Acanthurus.

To each his own, but in a 360 gal tank, PBT is pretty mellow. In my 380 gal tank, my PBT, Purple , Yellow tang, and Foxface are all peaceful. No fighting at all, never a wound on any of the fish. No disease either.

OP
OP
Aardvark1134

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm the only one of those I would want is the Achilles but I have been told they don't always limit their aggression to other tangs and sometimes will even attack angels. Are you saying those comments are due to being in smaller tanks and that the 360 gallon will solve that issue?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Size of the tank and water movement have such an impact on fish aggressiveness. I am looking for a small Achilles, but only half hearty, but my large fish situation in my tank is settle. I have to remove one of the tang, likely the PBT if I want to put the Achilles in so I doubt that I will ever do this.
I never keep Achilles but plenty of PBT. No problem with them in large tank. My tanks have a lot of flow.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 110 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back