Trying to find Zombie clownfish

LaraLouM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just love the coloring of the maroon strains so much, I don’t think I could deviate from them, but there are unique!

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zombie clownfish ? All TR/TB clowns these days are zombie's ,misformed,freaks that look weird....

DAMMITKAI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS had 2x 20g full of them for a couple months at a really good price. I haven’t been in awhile but they definitely are appropriately named.

codys21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would a pretty boring hobby if we all liked the same thing but I think these look hideous.:confused: I do have a pair of designer Picasso clowns myself but to be honest I find it difficult to improve on nature.

I absolutely agree haha. I don't think I would ever want that thing in my tank.

codys21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my clowns as nature makes them without all this silly colouring and even sillier prices to go with them, but their one saving feature is that people are buying these tank bred monstrosities rather than wild caught clowns.

This is spot on.

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was at an LFS and they had these zombie clownfish. They werent for sale and apparently the person they bought them from no longer breeds them. Im trying to find if anybody else has heard or seen these clowns and knows anybody breeding them or how they got to this coloration. Heres some of the same clowns Im talking about in the video below.

Woowww its absolutely gorgeous never see them before

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I like them a lot.
Don't understand why some don't.

I have looked at many cookie cutter tanks, same fish same corals just different locations in THAT tank.
I like to have different looking stuff. My pride comes from hearing hey man I have never seen that before.
So that's what I am working towards.

I hope you can find them.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I've seen them but we are currently not breeding that strain. I've got a couple midnight females in our brood that put out midnights with splotchy colored down areas like the coloration of these. Ime retail aquarium stores have a hard time selling midnights that are faded. If the entire body was faded it would be a different thing but I'm sure those throw a lot of semi faded midnights which ultimately just look like unhealthy midnights lol. Its def a cool breed though. I'm into it!

love love love these Zombie Clowns...hypothetically if you did happen to start raising these...how much would a pair cost ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back