OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sallstrom, yeah you. I got roots coming out of my frags. Not one not two, MANY ROOTS. You need to turn that boat, turn, yes turn, THAT BOAT. I think your scleronephthya moved in with my scleronephthya. You need to check your children of the sea.
Just turn that boat. And go check. Only problem I have is no full polyps expand. But roots sprouting. Odd

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sallstrom, yeah you. I got roots coming out of my frags. Not one not two, MANY ROOTS. You need to turn that boat, turn, yes turn, THAT BOAT. I think your scleronephthya moved in with my scleronephthya. You need to check your children of the sea.
Just turn that boat. And go check. Only problem I have is no full polyps expand. But roots sprouting. Odd

Great! The colony that developed roots in our tank also was the one with least polyps expanded. Maybe they put all energy on making this holdfast.

Will still be out sailing for some time. But I will try to get my colleague to send some pictures of our Scleronephthya :)

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! The colony that developed roots in our tank also was the one with least polyps expanded. Maybe they put all energy on making this holdfast.

Will still be out sailing for some time. But I will try to get my colleague to send some pictures of our Scleronephthya :)
Little early for you. Did I wake you up? Should just sail on back to your children of the sea. They need you. O' man, just kill me. Hehehe

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Sallstrom for you.
Wait a minute, your story don't jive. Remember the picture you posted? Of the scleronephthya with roots already. Do you remember? I can't find the picture. Don't forget it ALREADY HAD ROOTS. So no it didn't develope roots. Let's get that right. Now mine, yes, they are developing roots. Heehee

Last edited:

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, R2R stopped give me alerts when something happens in this thread. Fixed now I think.

Long tank sounds good. If you put a stream pump at each end, one close to the front and one close to the back side, opposite sides, you'll get kind of laminar flow along the front glass and back glass.

Just found these when I took a closer look at the Scleronehphtya. First thought it was a Majano anemone, but it's new holdfast growing from one Scleronehphtya

IMG_5704.JPG
IMG_5703.JPG

I take that as a good sign, the corals attached itself. No need for glue here ;)

@Jomama this one?

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those where already grown(roots). Unless you have other photos, in your X files. We'd like to see

Haha, I'm far away from work now. So I can't take any new pictures.
I'm not 100 % sure the roots grew out but since they seems to reach around the egg crate I assume the grew after I put them there :)
And since that colony didn't expand like the other four, I figured it focused on connecting to the substrate.

/ David

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back