TSA Firework Clove Polyp Stump

lpramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My TSA Firework Clove Polyp Coral has a stump. I added it to the tank 1 month ago. It's the second stump I find. You can see it sticking out to the left of the colony.

Same color as the polyp stems, but thinner and no polyp. Is this normal, or is something eating the polyps? I don't see a single bite mark anywhere else on the coral.

I have 2 Ocellaris clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 dragonette, 1 yellow watchman goby, snails and a red tuxedo urchin.

Salinity 1.0264, Alk 8.4, Calc 410, Potassium 410, Mag 1520, Nitrate 9.6, Phosphate 0.043, Iodine 0.018. All have been stable. pH right now is 8.16.

It's not the John Deere Psammocora next to it. I moved the Clove Polyp there after I noticed the two stumps.

TSA Firework Clove Polyp.jpg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My TSA Firework Clove Polyp Coral has a stump. I added it to the tank 1 month ago. It's the second stump I find. You can see it sticking out to the left of the colony.

Same color as the polyp stems, but thinner and no polyp. Is this normal, or is something eating the polyps? I don't see a single bite mark anywhere else on the coral.

I have 2 Ocellaris clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 dragonette, 1 yellow watchman goby, snails and a red tuxedo urchin.

Salinity 1.0264, Alk 8.4, Calc 410, Potassium 410, Mag 1520, Nitrate 9.6, Phosphate 0.043, Iodine 0.018. All have been stable. pH right now is 8.16.

It's not the John Deere Psammocora next to it. I moved the Clove Polyp there after I noticed the two stumps.

TSA Firework Clove Polyp.jpg
This seems like a "runner" to me.

Clove polyps, will send out "runners" to find more space to grow. This is completely normal.

areohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just so you know, these grow everywhere. It wont be long until it covers the whole rock. I would keep them on an isolated rock. I ended up removing all mine because they just grew everywhere

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back