TSA

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
every coral i have gotten from TSA has been healthy. nevertheless, i have steady slow growth from all corals in my tank, but that is my own doing on how i maintain my tank!

OP
OP
aaronramey11

aaronramey11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every coral i have gotten from TSA has been healthy. nevertheless, i have steady slow growth from all corals in my tank, but that is my own doing on how i maintain my tank!
I have massive growth out of everything except theirs

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive bought quite a few corals from them and havent had any issues. If you're specifically talking about high end acropora sometimes it can take 6-12months for any significant growth from slower growing species. But once some time has passed and theyre settled in, they should start growing steadily.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got stuff from them in the last live sale and am already seeing growth. How long have you had the corals in question? And what are the types. And what are parameters?

If you're not seeing growth, it's not an issue with the store, it's likely just you're running very diff parameters or lighting and that's caused a longer acclimation period before they get rapid growth.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Orlando so Top Shelf is local for me. I have gotten a fair number of acropora corals from them in the last 6 months or so. I have several of them that are already colonies and most of the rest are smallish colonies or big frags (started as small frags). It depends somewhat on what coral you get. I have an ORA Frogskin from them that is growing like a weed and a Garf Bonsai that I fragged and have two nice colonies of. Some of the other corals like Jason Fox Flame have been slower growing but it is a small colony now with good color.

One thing I would check is to compare your ALK, Ca, Mg and salinity to their parameters. I run pretty close to what they have so I don’t have too much of a problem.

OP
OP
aaronramey11

aaronramey11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Orlando so Top Shelf is local for me. I have gotten a fair number of acropora corals from them in the last 6 months or so. I have several of them that are already colonies and most of the rest are smallish colonies or big frags (started as small frags). It depends somewhat on what coral you get. I have an ORA Frogskin from them that is growing like a weed and a Garf Bonsai that I fragged and have two nice colonies of. Some of the other corals like Jason Fox Flame have been slower growing but it is a small colony now with good color.

One thing I would check is to compare your ALK, Ca, Mg and salinity to their parameters. I run pretty close to what they have so I don’t have too much of a problem.
I run almost exactly what they do except calcium

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back