Tube Anemone Help

MB_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

i have a tube anemone that I’ve had for about 2 months, but it has been growing some sort of hair algae on its tube. The algae was there when I bought it from LFS. Anyone know what this is?

I have pulled it out of the tank and put it in a bowl and tried to pull off as much algae I can with tweezers. It kinda helps, but the algae grows back within a week so its almost not worth it. I try to grab the “root” of the algae but maybe Im doing this wrong. Not to mention the stress im putting it through.

this algae has now popped up on my goni coral now and is completely taking it over. Pics below.

any tips? This stuff is horrible. I will post this in the algae forum as well but wanted to see if any anemone guys have experienced this on a tube anemone.

885BC50C-2EBD-44F4-A3EA-1FC8732D63D3.jpeg EEDFAE13-C464-4E2B-9162-976168C14F06.jpeg

OP
OP
M

MB_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the red slime on the tube? Not sure if thats cyano or just a waste from the anemone. The red slime is not anywhere else.

OP
OP
M

MB_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hair algae from the tube anemone is popping up all over the tank it different patches.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like green hair algae. I'm surprised you didn't have it before introducing the tube. Your rock looks brand stinking new. How old is the tank?

Unfortunately... It's in there now . Easy way to kill it off the tube nem is to fully bury the tube in the sand as it should be. Cover the hole 1/2". The animal will do the rest.

This is now just a general algae removal question.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back