Tube Anemones and BTAs

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiscoDon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DiscoDon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Location
Indianapolis
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,



Recently, I trusted a company out of the state regarding having multiple long tentacle anemones in the same aquarium. His thought was they came to him in groups, they will live together fine. WRONG! I lost 3 of them in nothing flat AND had a major drama regarding the health of the aquarium. I usually look at multiple resources about anything, but trusted this guy. Never again will I just trust one person.



What are the chances of the same thing happening with tube anemones or BTAs?



Thank you,
 
Tube anemones have different behaviors but you want to spread at least 3-4" apart as they can aggressively sting and have a good reach with neighbor coral. With the loss of one already, there M A Y be a presence of toxins. Adding a pouch of chemipure blue will diminish presence of toxins and polish the water
 
Tube anemones do not move and require a soft substrate. They are also nonphotosynthetic so they don't need strong lighting. They do have to be fed. I feed mine brine shrimp and mysis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new