Tube method for clown introduction

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone had successfully used the tube method to pair up ocellaris clowns with a BTA. Or any other nem for that matter.

If so, does the tube have to be clear? What if I use an opaque tube like pvc or metal?

Thanks

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never attempted this method as I find it unnatural. I personally prefer to just let them watch youtube videos of nems hosting clowns, just like they'd be doing in the wild...

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny...I bought a large acrylic tube for this purpose, but I was never able to net my clowns due to my extensive aquascape, so I gave up on trying to catch them. I had my BTA for nearly 10 months and I thought the clowns would never adopt it as their home, and I was even considering selling the BTA. But then I went on a vacation for a week, and when I got home I was amazed to find the BTA hosting the clowns! They finally did it on their own.

Clowns are just weird.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny...I bought a large acrylic tube for this purpose, but I was never able to net my clowns due to my extensive aquascape, so I gave up on trying to catch them. I had my BTA for nearly 10 months and I thought the clowns would never adopt it as their home, and I was even considering selling the BTA. But then I went on a vacation for a week, and when I got home I was amazed to find the BTA hosting the clowns! They finally did it on their own.

Clowns are just weird.

Wow that's exactly what happened with mine! Had the clowns and nem for many months and nothing. Went on vacation and when I came home they were all snuggled up in the nem. Hey @chadfish I think you need a vacation

OP
OP
chadfish

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would spend the $10 on a clear tube just so I could see what's going on. lol
Where would I get one for that cheap? Maybe it’s Covid pricing, but I’m having a hard time sourcing one.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back