Tube method for clown introduction

  • Thread starter Thread starter chadfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chadfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
350
Reaction score
201
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone had successfully used the tube method to pair up ocellaris clowns with a BTA. Or any other nem for that matter.

If so, does the tube have to be clear? What if I use an opaque tube like pvc or metal?

Thanks
 
I've never attempted this method as I find it unnatural. I personally prefer to just let them watch youtube videos of nems hosting clowns, just like they'd be doing in the wild...
 
It's funny...I bought a large acrylic tube for this purpose, but I was never able to net my clowns due to my extensive aquascape, so I gave up on trying to catch them. I had my BTA for nearly 10 months and I thought the clowns would never adopt it as their home, and I was even considering selling the BTA. But then I went on a vacation for a week, and when I got home I was amazed to find the BTA hosting the clowns! They finally did it on their own.

Clowns are just weird.

 
It's funny...I bought a large acrylic tube for this purpose, but I was never able to net my clowns due to my extensive aquascape, so I gave up on trying to catch them. I had my BTA for nearly 10 months and I thought the clowns would never adopt it as their home, and I was even considering selling the BTA. But then I went on a vacation for a week, and when I got home I was amazed to find the BTA hosting the clowns! They finally did it on their own.

Clowns are just weird.


Wow that's exactly what happened with mine! Had the clowns and nem for many months and nothing. Went on vacation and when I came home they were all snuggled up in the nem. Hey @chadfish I think you need a vacation
 
I think I would spend the $10 on a clear tube just so I could see what's going on. lol
 
I think I would spend the $10 on a clear tube just so I could see what's going on. lol
Where would I get one for that cheap? Maybe it’s Covid pricing, but I’m having a hard time sourcing one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new