Tube worms!

jml71092

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took over a 18p gallon tank after my buddy killed everything on acciendent. He is moving and doesn't have room for tank. I kept the rock. Changed the sand. Anyways. I've been noticing these tube worms and was making sure they are okay. I've done a little research but cant find pics of these! Are these good to have? they are all on the rocks. dont see any in the sand. Never owned a salt water tank but I've always loved them so new to the hobby. Active scuba diver! Please help!
20180607_133711.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took over a 18p gallon tank after my buddy killed everything on acciendent. He is moving and doesn't have room for tank. I kept the rock. Changed the sand. Anyways. I've been noticing these tube worms and was making sure they are okay. I've done a little research but cant find pics of these! Are these good to have? they are all on the rocks. dont see any in the sand. Never owned a salt water tank but I've always loved them so new to the hobby. Active scuba diver! Please help!
20180607_133711.jpeg
Welcome to R2R!!!
tenor.gif
#WelcometoR2R
Tube worms are an awesome addition to a tank. They're harmless filter feeders. My uncles tank has a TON of them in the sump. They filter out small particles in the water for food :) Their numbers will basically self regulate based off how much extra food there is available in the tank. So if you don't overfeed their numbers will stay in check ;)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back