Tubing for DOS AWC?

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but I would recommend getting the John guest fittings for the Dos and hook up that way. Much easier and I feel more secure

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune customer service recommended surethane tubing for me because I kept having air leaks with rodi tubing. I haven't had an issue since switching.

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune customer service recommended surethane tubing for me because I kept having air leaks with rodi tubing. I haven't had an issue since switching.
Were you using the John Guest fittings when you were getting the air leaks, or ro line directly onto the standard dos outputs?

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what I bought. No mod or john guest fittings

How has this tubing worked out for you? Any air leaks? Also do you use the Neptune DDR Dosing reservoirs? I keep having all kinds of problems with the Neptune DOS tubing not working correctly with the DDR reservoirsl

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's worked out great. For the alk and nitrate supplements, I don't have any bubbles in the lines. I dose these daily. I stopped my awc because of dinos and so the water has been sitting stagnant in the tubes for over a month. I'm noticing some air bubbles in that tubing. But when I was actually running the DOS, I didn't have any air leaks. I don't use the DDR.
One piece of advice I would make is to dunk the tubing in super hot water and then attach it to the dos so you get all the way up the nipple and a tight seal of the nut.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's worked out great. For the alk and nitrate supplements, I don't have any bubbles in the lines. I dose these daily. I stopped my awc because of dinos and so the water has been sitting stagnant in the tubes for over a month. I'm noticing some air bubbles in that tubing. But when I was actually running the DOS, I didn't have any air leaks. I don't use the DDR.
One piece of advice I would make is to dunk the tubing in super hot water and then attach it to the dos so you get all the way up the nipple and a tight seal of the nut.
Great info - thanks for the quick reply.. Going to order now the tubing you recommend.

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody use this tubing for AWC on the DOS?

1706039630733.png

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t, but I use the 1/4” sprinkler line Home Depot has and I have no issues. It’s also black which is nice. Several places have it

IMG_3037.png

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back